Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default Concealed Carry Permit Question

Hello,

My name is Lenny and I am a senior here at Penn State. I reside full time in Lehigh County, PA. My dad has been an avid hunter all his life and he has taken me shooting many times. I've come to the age where I would like to purchase a gun for myself and want to get my concealed carry permit. Since I am here now more than I'm at home, is it possible to get my concealed carry permit in Centre County? I read somewhere that I must get it in the county which I reside. Technically, I guess I reside in Lehigh County full time but Centre County when I'm at school.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: Concealed Carry Permit Question

Im also a senior at Penn State, the Centre County Sheriff will issue a LTCF to penn state students using their school address. I talked to the sheriff about it last year. There is a thread I started in the Concealed carry section. I will see if i can find it.

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...-question.html

I ended up getting my LTCF at my home county due to the fact that I wanted my drivers license address to match my LTCF but that is not a requirement. A ltcf from one PA county is valid in any other county.
    Last edited by psucivil; December 15th, 2012 at 05:37 PM.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by psucivil View Post
    Im also a senior at Penn State, the Centre County Sheriff will issue a LTCF to penn state students using their school address. I talked to the sheriff about it last year. There is a thread I started in the Concealed carry section. I will see if i can find it.

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...-question.html

I ended up getting my LTCF at my home county due to the fact that I wanted my drivers license address to match my LTCF but that is not a requirement. A ltcf from one PA county is valid in any other county.
    Good to see other Penn Stater's here!

Excuse my inexperience by is a LTCF going to allow me to carry concealed? Not that I really need it to cover concealed, just want to make sure.

Thanks!

Lenny

(Lawrence County)

Yes A License to carry firearms (LTCF) allows you to carry a firearms concealed or to carry a firearm in a vehicle without meeting the exemptions. It also allows you to open carry in the city of Philly and during a state of emergency. Make sure you read up on the rules and regulations regarding where you can and cannot carry. Penn state campus is a no go regarding carrying. if you are a student, you risk expulsion if you are a non student you may the run the risk of trespassing charges.

Take a look at this sticky, it outlines all of the necessary info regarding where you can and can not carry in the state of PA.

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...nsylvania.html
    Last edited by psucivil; December 15th, 2012 at 07:53 PM.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by psucivil View Post
    Yes A License to carry firearms (LTCF) allows you to carry a firearms concealed or to carry a firearm in a vehicle without meeting the exemptions. It also allows you to open carry in the city of Philly and during a state of emergency. Make sure you read up on the rules and regulations regarding where you can and cannot carry. Penn state campus is a no go regarding carrying. if you are a student, you risk expulsion if you are a non student you may the run the risk of trespassing charges.

Take a look at this sticky, it outlines all of the necessary info regarding where you can and can not carry in the state of PA.

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...nsylvania.html
    Thank you so much! I really appreciate all the information you gave me!

(Lawrence County)

Yeah no problem, if you have any other questions feel free to Private message me. This place has alot of knowledgeable people who are always willing to answer questions. Good luck with getting your LTCF.