Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Default Sen. Pat Toomey handgun reciprocity answer

I wrote to Sen. Toomey to find out where the vote was on handgun reciprocity, here is his canned reply.

Thank you for contacting me about gun control and the Second Amendment. I appreciate hearing from you.

Like many Pennsylvanians, I have long been a supporter of Second Amendment rights. They are of fundamental importance to our nation, and I believe that Americans have a personal, constitutional right to self-protection and to engage in recreational activities involving firearms. In fact, during my previous tenure in the House of Representatives (1999-2005), my record of supporting gun owners' rights earned me an "A" rating from the National Rifle Association.

Like you, I strongly support concealed carry reciprocity. I am therefore proud to be an original cosponsor of the Respecting States' Rights and Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2012 (S. 2213). Among its provisions, S. 2213 would require states to honor concealed weapons permits issued by another state unless they prohibit the carrying of a concealed firearm. Introduced by Senator John Thune (R-SD) on March 20, 2012, S. 2213 is currently pending before the Senate Committee on the Judiciary for review. While I am not a member of this panel, please be assured that I will keep your views about concealed carry reciprocity legislation in mind as S. 2213 or any other related legislation progresses through the legislative process.

Thank you again for your correspondence. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Pat Toomey
    U.S. Senator, Pennsylvania

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: Sen. Pat Toomey handgun reciprocity answer

That is good to hear.

I wonder if the nra koolaid drinkers can put any pressure on harry reid to help push this through, being as they supported his re election and gave him money an all.

But I wont hold my breath.