Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Shyda's Gun Shop - Lebanon, PA

I bought my first gun there. Helpful, lots of ammo, did not gouge too bad when things were bad. Had limits so all could get ammo. I likey.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Lancaster County)

I have a friend over that worked at trop and now works at Shydas he wont write anything bad about Trop but the more he tells me about them the less I like them. Its a longer drive for me but I would rather give Shydas my money than Trop.

(Berks County)

I have seen 2 guys there lately from Tropp ghat work at Shydas. Both seem very nice.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Cumberland County)

In the past year I've seen two small town / small time mom and pop LGSs fold and another is on the edge. (Age related).

I do my best to spread it around and keep them all afloat. Shyda's has been one of them for many years.

I guess it was about 1 1/2 - 2 yrs ago I was helping a friend find a revolver for a wife. I like to let my fingers do the walking - a phone call to my list of shops with a "you got a used **** in the case". Most of these places remember me as a customer and don't mind working with me like that.

In that call to "shop X" I was told I now had to go to the online........etc, etc. I said, "What, you can't tell me if there is one in the rack before I drive down there?" Do not hold me to this but I believe there was also mention of the used pistols going through an auction site.

God bless them and I wish them success with the "new improved version" but that store has lost my call. When I can no longer call a shop and ask if they have "a used product X in the case", I'm all but done.

I always ask if they are with a customer and and have a moment for a question, no matter who I call. I do not expect anyone to drop what they are doing for my call.

If Shyda changes to a new improved version, they too will lose a good portion of my business.

Shyda's, don't change what you are doing!!

SPREAD IT AROUND. KEEP THE MOM AND POP LGS ALIVE.

fritz
    Obama. AYFKM?! / Pravda vit'azi.

(Lancaster County)

Not totally dedicated to any particular shop, I am all about price. Over the last couple of years I have bought 3 pistols at Trop (old& new owner) 2 pistols at Shyda's, 1 pistol online, and 2 rifles online. I go to Kinsey's, Trop, and Shyda's for accessories and ammo depending on the deal. My dad ran sporting goods stores for years and I can say that personal relationships and total service and product knowledge just can't be had at one location. As an example: I had saved $1100 dollars and was looking for a particular Kimber, I had looked at every shop around and ended up at Shyda's last. In the case was exactly what I wanted but at $1350, I held it, talked to the sales person, and said I would be back as soon as I could raise another $300. I looked around and asked where the used guns were? He directed me to a small case......and there was the same Kimber looking unused and marked at $950. I found a different sales guy told him I would buy it then for $800 cash, he asked his boss and I walked out with what I wanted. I got what I wanted for a better price but if the original sales person knew his store he could have made his shop more. There are a lot of good shops out therei can keep them all busy, the guys at horseshoe are nic, also lanco tacticle, and bullseye.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by omgur2; December 25th, 2013 at 11:10 PM.

(York County)

I use the VA there
    Decent prices on powder, has the most 8#
    kegs I've seen in a while

Thumbs up Re: Shyda's Gun Shop - Lebanon, PA

Very Happy with Shyda's. I bought a Kimber Solo SS for $679.00 and guess what else they had? Lots of Kimber Solo magazines for a very low cost ($16 for the 6 round and $17 for the 8 rounders).

My 10 year old son even found a nice jacket in their clothing dept for 30% off of their sale price. Christmas presents for both of us!

I'll keep going there. Got my eye on a Browning .270 X-Bolt.......next

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by omgur2 View Post
    There are a lot of good shops out therei can keep them all busy, the guys at horseshoe are nic, also lanco tacticle, and bullseye.
    Didn't Bullseye go belly-up a while ago?

(Berks County)

Yeah, that place is gone. Can't say enough good about Lanco.
    Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

(York County)

Shyda's is a good shop and I shop there frequently. I also go to Lanco because Nate the owner, took time to explain something very thoroughly when I had a question. Both shops get my business and I find the employees of both to be very good at what they do.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123