Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Chicago mayor says 7th Circuit ruling is 'wrong headed'

There's really not much I can add here. The article speaks for itself. This asshat is clearly delusional.
    Forty nine other states have it wrong? Illinois has it right? Ok there buddy, keep telling yourself that.
    What a douche.
    J.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/cityhal...ng-headed.html

Default Re: Chicago mayor says 7th Circuit ruling is 'wrong headed'

I wouldn't say 49 states, honestly its more like 45 states because its still impossible to get a licence in NJ, NY, MD, HI and CA
    Nra, SAF, NJ2AS, GOA member

(Lehigh County)

I'll add something...

The mayor said he found it “ironic” that, on the same day the federal appeals court set the stage for concealed carry in Illinois, Cook County’s chief judge chose to ban cellphones in the courtroom.
    I find it "ironic" that Rahm has a battalion of armed bodyguards and a 24/7 armed security detail at his residence.

(Lancaster County)

It's interesting how the issue so clearly shows how wrong statists like him are and just how wrong our relationship with government is that it can even have an opinion like that at all on individual choice of personal safety.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

a politician not being able to take a reasonable and honest look at the other side of the coin? first time i heard this.
    Montani Semper Liberi

I know I'm speaking to the choir, but sometimes it nice to vent.

No Mayor Emanuel, it's wrong headed to expect the people living in fear to accept that should not be able to defend themselves while criminals will break the law and carry guns anyway to terrorize honest people. It is wrong headed to take away a person's ability to defend themselves and their love wrongs. It's wrong headed to look at the Constitution of the United States which you are sworn to uphold as a roll of toilet paper to be torn apart and shitted on at your will.

He talks about neighborhoods being held hostage by gangs and wants the justices to come down from their ivory tower. They did. They realize that people need to be given the right to be able to defend themselves. It is time for Emanuel to come down from his ivory tower and stop crippling honest people ability to stand up against criminals. It is time to stop looking down on people and assuming you know what's best for people who you have failed as a leader. Your draconian gun laws have harmed the general populace. Time to get off of your ivory tower and realize what you have done to your town.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Obelix View Post
    I'll add something...

I find it "ironic" that Rahm has a battalion of armed bodyguards and a 24/7 armed security detail at his residence.
    Rahm has better security than our men had in Benghazi.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by darkhunter View Post
    I wouldn't say 49 states, honestly its more like 45 states because its still impossible to get a licence in NJ, NY, MD, HI and CA
    I think there are more licenses in NY than any other state. Many are restricted, but many are not.

Many counties in NY and CA are basically Shall Issue in practice.

MD is much worse, but not as bad as NJ, HI, or NY. People with professional licenses or who carry cash often can get permits.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    I think there are more licenses in NY than any other state. Many are restricted, but many are not.

MD is much worse, but not as bad as NJ, HI, or NY. People with professional licenses or who carry cash often can get permits.
    Florida has the most licenses issued and they are about to approve their 1 millionth CCW permit. (or whatever they call it) Pa is second with @ 786,000.

http://legallyarmed.com/ccw_statistics.htm

http://www.guns.com/2012/12/13/flori...xt-week-video/
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post

NY's permits don't really count because those are to merely touch or own a handgun in their home.

Their full unrestricted permits would count though. But that figure is nowhere near some of the lessor shall issue states.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast