Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: XDS vs G29

(Blair County)

Default XDS vs G29

So, I picked up my XDs today. Below are a few photos of it up against my current carry (Glock 29). The xds feels very good in your hand. Reminds me of holding a Walther p22. Just big enough that you can get a good firm grip on. I fired 50 cci 230 gr and 10 Hornady 200gr ftx. Only had one gig...and im going to take the blame because I was wearing gloves. Not sure what I did, but I put a mag in and released the slide and the trigger was stuck all the way back. Not sure if I had the trigger depressed when charging it or what. Couldnt undo it without racking the slide. Couldnt reproduce it by holding the trigger in and dropping the slide....nowhere near ready to trust this for carry yet so ill keep an eye on it, but it fed the ball and HP ammo fine for the short range trip I had. Windy and cold, cant stand shooting pistols that way. Accuracy was good, I was hurried but no problem making 2" groups at 15 yards. and 4" at 25 without really trying. Knocked down every plate I aimed at on the first shot.
    I will disagree with all the reviews Ive read. This little thing does kick. With the rough textured grips and no gloves its no treat at the range but for the purpose of the gun I think its perfect.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: XDS vs G29

.........<cricket cricket>...............<cricket cricket>.............

(Monroe County)

I still can't believe how tiny that gun is. Nice pics.

(Luzerne County)

Get the extended mags, it will fit better in your hands. I have one and my wife has one, both run great without any hiccups.