Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lycoming County)

Default Can I post a review here?

It starts like this.

Dear Ruger,
    Go back to the drawing board and redesign the trigger on the SR22 pistol. I understand that it is an inexpensive plinker but when I buy one for my wife on a Friday, shoot it Saturday and she tells me to please trade it in on something else. That cannot be the way to get someone interested in the sport of shooting.

She is now the proud owner of a Ruger 22/45 lite. I know she will like it because she likes my 22/45. Now It looks like I will be taking two pain in the butt pistols apart to clean instead of one.

I own three other Ruger handguns and love them so I'm not bashing Ruger. Just disappointed in them.
    Gun control is hitting what you aim for.

(Washington County)

Default Re: Can I post a review here?

Or you could try it before you buy it. No company can please every customer, especially if the criteria is subjective.
    Fortune fingers the fearless

(Lycoming County)

Wink Re: Can I post a review here?

Yes I critiqued the trigger on my opinion and mine alone. But if you test the trigger pull in your local gun shop once, maybe twice and think to yourself it will smooth out somewhat after a few hundred rounds (I tried 400), the trigger remained the same. I became disappointed. No harm no foul. I traded the pistol in on the tried and tested Mark series pistol and know wife will be completely happy with it. If not its nothing that a Volquartsen trigger kit won't fix. Maybe I'm just spoiled with triggers on my other handguns

Just wanted to let others who if they are looking at this pistol and the trigger is questionable to them at the shop, chances are it will not improve over time.

This is of course just my subjective critique of the trigger and may not matter a hill of beans to the next handgun enthusiast.
    Gun control is hitting what you aim for.

(Washington County)

I shot both this weekend. the SR's trigger in DA is about 500 lbs and 30" long. Or it feels like that.

The 22/45 Lite's trigger has a crummy reset but breaks crisp enough to keep a decent accuracy at pistol rimfire distances. It sucks to take down and clena, although the rear spring / takedown pin is pretty cool.

(Jefferson County)

Reviews are welcome here.

There have been a number of them posted in the past.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!