Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rough year

Default Re: Rough year

Quote Originally Posted by Bedford Fudd View Post
    I doubt anyone could provide such a link. Most of this stuff goes on behind closed doors, although I have seen some articles in the local paper regarding Forestry putting pressure on the PGC.

The proof is in the fact that the deer populatoin has plummeted in this, and evidently quite a few other areas.

I can't prove it, but you doubt that there are no such pressures on the PGC, perhaps i could interest you in purchasing a bridge or two.
    Fudd
    I just read in the paper today that pa. has lost 95% of its bats to disease in the past 3 years.

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I just read in the paper today that pa. has lost 95% of its bats to disease in the past 3 years.
    White nose fungus
    The resident Saiga snob
    "You will never leave Harlan alive..."

(Lancaster County)

I know what you mean by going and not seeing anything. However, I saw good shooters during the rut in archery and was able to process 2doe out of the 8 I saw on opening sat and Monday. All within 2c.... I support the PGC biology but wish they opened Sunday hunting on ALLLLLL public land for deer.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPM View Post
    I know what you mean by going and not seeing anything. However, I saw good shooters during the rut in archery and was able to process 2doe out of the 8 I saw on opening sat and Monday. All within 2c.... I support the PGC biology but wish they opened Sunday hunting on ALLLLLL public land for deer.
    The PGC cant open Sunday hunting. It is a legislative issue.
    Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion, without the discomfort of thought.

John F Kennedy.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bedford Fudd View Post
    I doubt anyone could provide such a link. Most of this stuff goes on behind closed doors, although I have seen some articles in the local paper regarding Forestry putting pressure on the PGC.

The proof is in the fact that the deer populatoin has plummeted in this, and evidently quite a few other areas.

I can't prove it, but you doubt that there are no such pressures on the PGC, perhaps i could interest you in purchasing a bridge or two.
    Fudd
    So your saying there are secret meeting between the insurance companies and the eight member PGC board of Commissioners, Held in a secret location? And all eight Commissioners past and present, happy and disgruntled have never blew the whistle on these illegal meetings? (Sunshine Law)
    Take off the tin foil hat , all BOC meetings are advertised and open for public testimony.
    Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion, without the discomfort of thought.

John F Kennedy.

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by R.W.J View Post
    So your saying there are secret meeting between the insurance companies and the eight member PGC board of Commissioners, Held in a secret location? And all eight Commissioners past and present, happy and disgruntled have never blew the whistle on these illegal meetings? (Sunshine Law)
    Take off the tin foil hat , all BOC meetings are advertised and open for public testimony.
    I think he's saying what we're all feeling. That we all felt that the PAGC represented the hunters........but they don't. They represent everyone who lives in the commonwealth. We never REALLY felt that you folks were representing us.

Lycanareyou?thrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Mercer County)

Thank the Game Commission for the lack of deer!!
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by R.W.J View Post
    The PGC cant open Sunday hunting. It is a legislative issue.
    You are correct. I ignorantly assumed they are the same. I still think the legislature should open Sunday hunting on public land.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by MOUNTAINORACLE View Post
    Thank the Game Commission for the lack of deer!!
    Yeah those dirty buggers made all those hunters shoot all those extra anterless deer.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
    Yeah those dirty buggers made all those hunters shoot all those extra anterless deer.
    Exactly, they gave the hunters the opportunity. I see no reason for the pa hunter to take more than 1 buck, and 1 doe. If it's truly about overbrowsing, lets address the problem with more feed for them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12