Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Targetmaster

Hybrid View

(Delaware County)

Default Targetmaster

Anyone been there lately? Besides being packed all the time has the staff improved any?
    Thanks Mike

(Chester County)

Default Re: Targetmaster

I'm friends with one of the guys who works there and friendly with two or three others. That being said, screw that place. I went to use the range two or three weeks ago. The girl and older guy who were running it (at the counter) were acting like complete jackasses. Almost like they didn't want your money.

Here's a pro tip if you're reading Tommy. When your staff treats your customers as an inconvience maybe it's time to get rid of them. I'm sure you guys put up with idiots all day and I'm sure it gets tiring. But when I'm spoken to like a 4 year old who can't make a decision for himself and your staff is wrong about the fact...I don't appreciate it. And I certainly don't want to spend money there. My favorite is when I ask to see a gun and the guy behind the counter tells me I don't want that one. I forgot, I didn't take the time to do research into the options and pick what works best for me. If you didn't have a range I wouldn't be back.

I've brought my gun buying experience to buying online and transferring to a different FFL in Chadds Ford who doesn't charge 50 bucks for a transfer and joined an outdoor range. I have no issues being in the open air. I also asked about transferring the price of a suppressor to Targetmaster since they were about 100 bucks more than online. They wanted 200 bucks....Then I found Trop and they were 10 bucks more than the website I found the suppressor on...guess where I'll be going. Oh and their NFA transfer fees were 40 bucks...

But to answer your question, the place is a zoo, the staff is mostly comprised of assholes and the same stupid shit still happens.

(Lancaster County)

The last time I was there, and it's been a while, mostly due to the things stated above, the Range Master was asleep in the booth. I've seen the staff ridicule customers behind their back repeatedly, I've heard them be rude to customers calling in. I haven't figured out yet, why anyone would buy a gun from them. The salesmanship is pisspoor at best.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    The last time I was there, and it's been a while, mostly due to the things stated above, the Range Master was asleep in the booth. I've seen the staff ridicule customers behind their back repeatedly, I've heard them be rude to customers calling in. I haven't figured out yet, why anyone would buy a gun from them. The salesmanship is pisspoor at best.
    Like I said, I know one of the guys pretty well and the other two or three I'm friendly with. I know they deal with idiots and sometimes say things that probably shouldn't be said.

That being said, its more like blatantly open season to be a fucking jackass there then to say it when the person leaves.

Also their prices aren't all that great...

Had you asked me two or three years ago, I would have said I was a loyal Targetmaster customer. Now I don't think I'd piss on the building to put out a fire.

(Delaware County)

Wow! Well said. I gave up on the place a couple years ago. Most of my guns are full auto and they won't let me shoot there anyway. The one guy behind the counter who kind of runs the place Joe is a pretty good guy... to me anyway. But thanks for your input it tells me all I need to know.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by glocking26 View Post
    Wow! Well said. I gave up on the place a couple years ago. Most of my guns are full auto and they won't let me shoot there anyway. The one guy behind the counter who kind of runs the place Joe is a pretty good guy... to me anyway. But thanks for your input it tells me all I need to know.
    Both Joes are good guys. The one without the goatee in particular.

For the review I now get an invite to shoot full auto?
    Last edited by SuperMoose; December 6th, 2012 at 10:40 PM.

(Delaware County)

Has anyone noticed if they've sold their overpriced AR-15 mags? I think they had Colt green-follower AR-15 mags priced at $25. The 9mm AR mags were priced at about double what you'd find online. I'd be funny, if everyone across the country was sold out of mags, and TargetMaster still has a dusty stack in the display case.
    Removed NRA Life Member pic. LaPierre and Chris Cox are ruining NRA.

(Delaware County)

I took my cousins from Jersey out to TargetMaster to do some shooting. TM still has maybe 3 dozen Colt mags, but they are marked up to $65 now. They have a few black rifles, and a built lower with M4 stock. I didn't have time to check the prices, and was a little afraid to look anyway. :/ No AKs.
    Removed NRA Life Member pic. LaPierre and Chris Cox are ruining NRA.

(Chester County)

So, the TargetMaster Web Page offers a Colt for 1249 and as i inquired about it, they now are selling it for 1999.

ok, so the price went up (supply vs demand) but change your web page add.

the callouss Jack @$$ behind the counter just lost any potential business EVER.

I have had issues with them before but somehow just end up there. I am more mad at myself for going again then anything.

well, besides not getting the Colt for that advertised price (which they obviously will NOT honor)

B$ !!!!

(Delaware County)

I have a like/hate relationship with that store as well. I'm actually on decent terms with a 2 or 3 people who work there, but a few guys there are complete idiots. If I'm buying or selling, I only deal with those specific people. One of them I think is the owner, the shorter guy who recently grew a beard, and who can be loud. When you get to know him he is really not that bad to deal with. All in all when you talk turkey with him and 2 other guys their, they know there stuff and are somewhat reasonable to deal with. The staff in general reminds me of a bunch of college frat guys that don't give a crap. Sometimes it can be funny, but sometimes its annoying

When there is no gun panic going on, their prices on most things are reasonable. It seems like almost every gun store in Delco is more expensive than Targetmaster. The only exception is Miller's and maybe Double Action. A mirror image of Targetmaster is Suburban Armory. The owner of SA is cool and great guy behind the counter, and will bend over backwards to order what you want if he doesn't have in the store, but his prices are insane.

What makes me laugh is Targetmaster has the biggest store in the area with a big selection. I like to go there to window shop, and handle something I am interested in. If I can get it somewhere else I will just go there to buy it. I actually bought a Taurus at another store after looking at the same gun at Targetmaster, and gladly paid $30 more, and drive out of my way just so I would not have to deal with the idiot who was working at TM that day. I bet a lot of others do the same, or walk out of TM with money in their pockets. Business wise that is kind of sad.
    Last edited by theyoungone; January 4th, 2013 at 01:00 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast