Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Targetmaster

(Delaware County)

Default Targetmaster

Anyone been there lately? Besides being packed all the time has the staff improved any?
    Thanks Mike

(Chester County)

Default Re: Targetmaster

I'm friends with one of the guys who works there and friendly with two or three others. That being said, screw that place. I went to use the range two or three weeks ago. The girl and older guy who were running it (at the counter) were acting like complete jackasses. Almost like they didn't want your money.

Here's a pro tip if you're reading Tommy. When your staff treats your customers as an inconvience maybe it's time to get rid of them. I'm sure you guys put up with idiots all day and I'm sure it gets tiring. But when I'm spoken to like a 4 year old who can't make a decision for himself and your staff is wrong about the fact...I don't appreciate it. And I certainly don't want to spend money there. My favorite is when I ask to see a gun and the guy behind the counter tells me I don't want that one. I forgot, I didn't take the time to do research into the options and pick what works best for me. If you didn't have a range I wouldn't be back.

I've brought my gun buying experience to buying online and transferring to a different FFL in Chadds Ford who doesn't charge 50 bucks for a transfer and joined an outdoor range. I have no issues being in the open air. I also asked about transferring the price of a suppressor to Targetmaster since they were about 100 bucks more than online. They wanted 200 bucks....Then I found Trop and they were 10 bucks more than the website I found the suppressor on...guess where I'll be going. Oh and their NFA transfer fees were 40 bucks...

But to answer your question, the place is a zoo, the staff is mostly comprised of assholes and the same stupid shit still happens.

(Lancaster County)

The last time I was there, and it's been a while, mostly due to the things stated above, the Range Master was asleep in the booth. I've seen the staff ridicule customers behind their back repeatedly, I've heard them be rude to customers calling in. I haven't figured out yet, why anyone would buy a gun from them. The salesmanship is pisspoor at best.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    The last time I was there, and it's been a while, mostly due to the things stated above, the Range Master was asleep in the booth. I've seen the staff ridicule customers behind their back repeatedly, I've heard them be rude to customers calling in. I haven't figured out yet, why anyone would buy a gun from them. The salesmanship is pisspoor at best.
    Like I said, I know one of the guys pretty well and the other two or three I'm friendly with. I know they deal with idiots and sometimes say things that probably shouldn't be said.

That being said, its more like blatantly open season to be a fucking jackass there then to say it when the person leaves.

Also their prices aren't all that great...

Had you asked me two or three years ago, I would have said I was a loyal Targetmaster customer. Now I don't think I'd piss on the building to put out a fire.

(Delaware County)

Wow! Well said. I gave up on the place a couple years ago. Most of my guns are full auto and they won't let me shoot there anyway. The one guy behind the counter who kind of runs the place Joe is a pretty good guy... to me anyway. But thanks for your input it tells me all I need to know.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by glocking26 View Post
    Wow! Well said. I gave up on the place a couple years ago. Most of my guns are full auto and they won't let me shoot there anyway. The one guy behind the counter who kind of runs the place Joe is a pretty good guy... to me anyway. But thanks for your input it tells me all I need to know.
    Both Joes are good guys. The one without the goatee in particular.

For the review I now get an invite to shoot full auto?
    Last edited by SuperMoose; December 6th, 2012 at 10:40 PM.

I agree with streaker 69 that sales staff is very poor. I was there about a week and a half ago only because locally they have a large selection of items compared to other shops. I was looking for a holster and asked an employee that was just standing there for assistance. He looked briefly and said they didn't have any in stock for my gun and then he walked away, still not doing anything productive. I continued looking and found what I was looking for. On the way out I was going to let him know that they did have it in stock and the shop almost lost a sale, but the way he appeared it didn't look like it would matter to him. While may sale was small, it was still a sale.
    Last edited by Iron Sights; December 7th, 2012 at 09:09 AM. Reason: added a sentance.

(Delaware County)

Being a major critic of targetmaster, I find that there has been an improvement over my last few visits.

Pro or Con, it doesn't matter. For every customer that makes a permanent exit, there probably is two customers walking in the entrance with open wallets. The owner has a gold mine and there will be people waiting for lanes at certain times of the day or week. This irrespective of sleeping range monitors and condescending clerks. During certain times, one will witness people at the counter salvitating to wait his or her turn to start the paperwork on the purchase of their newest favorite gun. Targetmaster is not the cheapest in selling their inventory, but they are not overpriced either. To impulsive buyers living in that neighborhood, it matters little.

Location, Location, Location.
    Last edited by c45man; December 7th, 2012 at 01:28 PM.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by c45man View Post
    Being a major critic of targetmaster, I find that there has been an improvement over my last few visits.

Pro or Con, it doesn't matter. For every customer that makes a permanent exit, there probably is two customers walking in the entrance with open wallets. The owner has a gold mine and there will be people waiting for lanes at certain times of the day or week. This irrespective of sleeping range monitors and condescending clerks. During certain times, one will witness people at the counter salvitating to wait his or her turn to start the paperwork on the purchase of their newest favorite gun. Targetmaster is not the cheapest in selling their inventory, but they are not overpriced either. To impulsive buyers living in that neighborhood, it matters little.

Location, Location, Location.
    You're right. And the owner knows that. Like I said before, I would have been the first to defend them a few years ago. Now they can pound sand.

(Chester County)

Targetmaster is not the cheapest in selling their inventory, but they are not overpriced either.
    That depends on what you're buying. Buffer tube with no buffer, spring, or castle nut... $100

ATI complete polymer lower... $175

Ammo prices aren't bad though, and most of their guns are within reason. But the staff act like used car salesman. If you want one gun they'll try to talk you into a more expensive one, and don't even get me started on the things I've heard them tell prospective customers... If they didn't have a range I'd have little reason to go in there.

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast