Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Targetmaster

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Targetmaster

Quote Originally Posted by GregorOneEye View Post
    I remember 6 years ago they had the guy working the counter with the close shaved head. Talk about a workplace shooting risk, angriest douche I've ever seen... and he was that way to everyone who was there. Scary.

They have awful prices and people, but because it was local I would still swing by to check the used rack, where they would very occasionally make pricing mistakes on rare weapons that I would take advantage of. No sure it's worth the hassle.
    Yep I remember him well. I think his name was Chris. Yes your right. I did get some really good deals on some gun that they didn't know what they had. I haven't seen any good deals there in about 2 years or so.

(Delaware County)

I have never had a problem with them, I am not looking for a gun expert when I go in there. I am there fairly often and they let me use the members lounge to train newbies on the 3 rules and range prep. I get along with the range officers and they appreciate me bringing in people to teach and shoot. Usually they waive my lane fee if I have 3 others with me.
    I have found the price not bad, but things that are popular are more. To me that's normal supply and demand.

I seem to be the oddball here with having no difficulties. I think that Delco Field and Streams Pistol range SUCKS. I mainly shoot at 14 to 20 feet and that is not easy to do there. (Although I do the rest of the club)
    Last edited by Dannytheman; February 27th, 2013 at 08:14 PM.
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannytheman View Post
    I have never had a problem with them, I am not looking for a gun expert when I go in there. I am there fairly often and they let me use the members lounge to train newbies on the 3 rules and range prep. I get along with the range officers and they appreciate me bringing in people to teach and shoot. Usually they waive my lane fee if I have 3 others with me.
    I have found the price not bad, but things that are popular are more. To me that's normal supply and demand.

I seem to be the oddball here with having no difficulties. I think that Delco Field and Streams Pistol range SUCKS. I mainly shoot at 14 to 20 feet and that is not easy to do there. (Although I do the rest of the club)
    Yep...you are the oddball.. You should get a job there, you sound like you would fit right in.. ......lol

(Chester County)

I got mixed Feelings about target master bought 500 rds of xm193 a couple weeks ago for like 260 was there today more it's like $300 I
    Did buy 1000 rds of AE 9mm for $260.still pricey but not many lgs have ammo in bulk

(Delaware County)

When did this become about DCF&S? We were discussing the rediculously inflated prices and ignorant sales tools that infest Targetmaster. When Delco quadruples their membership fee and office staff starts flinging poop at me when I try to buy a box of clays THEN I could understand the comparison.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rik Bitter View Post
    When did this become about DCF&S? We were discussing the rediculously inflated prices and ignorant sales tools that infest Targetmaster. When Delco quadruples their membership fee and office staff starts flinging poop at me when I try to buy a box of clays THEN I could understand the comparison.
    Someone mention DCF&S and I gave my opinion for their consideration. Who made you the thread police?

There are not many incredibly bright gun folks working in any sales capacity ANYWHERE>
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

Someone mention DCF&S and I gave my opinion for their consideration. Who made you the thread police?

There are not many incredibly bright gun folks working in any sales capacity ANYWHERE>
    Not many bright people working ANYWHERE these days... Including firearm instructors...

(Philadelphia County)

Last time I shot there, the girl behind the counter made a crack about the size of my pistol. Innuendo aside, I was shooting my CCW weapon, which does happen to be small.

Because it's for CCW.

I got over it but really didn't like being told to turn my hat forward. For a shop that caters to a group of people who talk about freedom and rights, I was surprised to be judged so openly and subjected to relatively fascist rules based on appearance.

Bottom line: I shoot at South Philly Archery and Gun Club where the staff are professional, courteous, the range is well-lit, the booths aren't crammed next to each other (I hate seeing muzzle flash and getting hit with casings from my neighbor) and I wear whatever the hell I want on my head.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by urbanprepper View Post
    Last time I shot there, the girl behind the counter made a crack about the size of my pistol. Innuendo aside, I was shooting my CCW weapon, which does happen to be small.

Because it's for CCW.

I got over it but really didn't like being told to turn my hat forward. For a shop that caters to a group of people who talk about freedom and rights, I was surprised to be judged so openly and subjected to relatively fascist rules based on appearance.

Bottom line: I shoot at South Philly Archery and Gun Club where the staff are professional, courteous, the range is well-lit, the booths aren't crammed next to each other (I hate seeing muzzle flash and getting hit with casings from my neighbor) and I wear whatever the hell I want on my head.
    The last time I was there they asked to inspect my range bag, to "make sure the ammo I was using is ok". Pissed me off to no end because, in reality it's because they won't knowingly let you shoot ammo you got at walmart (in the big bargain boxes) because they claim it undercuts them. That's why I buy ammo from WM and put it in boxes I got from TM or my LGS. I'm just waiting for them to ask why my 2 year old reused ammo boxes are so beat up.
    Last edited by silkworm; March 1st, 2013 at 12:43 PM.

(Delaware County)

Question Re: Targetmaster

Anybody know if Targetmaster allows moly or polymer-coated lead bullets in the range? I asked one of the guys behind the counter, but he had no idea what I was talking about, and there 3 or 4 customers waiting in line for all the other guys behind the counters.

------------------
    There was a Bushmaster AR-15 on the rack, but it was around $1000, which I think is still a bit much for a $700 rifle. $1500 Colt M4s. They have a few S&W M&P15 stripped lowers in stock, but were priced around $240, more than double what I'd pay.

.223/5.56mm ammo was about $300/500 rounds, which is about what it's going for online.

Didn't appear to have any cases of 9mm for sale, but there were a few cases of .40S&W and .45ACP - I don't recall the prices.
    Removed NRA Life Member pic. LaPierre and Chris Cox are ruining NRA.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast