Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Targetmaster

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Targetmaster

Quote Originally Posted by silkworm View Post
    That depends on what you're buying. Buffer tube with no buffer, spring, or castle nut... $100

ATI complete polymer lower... $175

Ammo prices aren't bad though, and most of their guns are within reason. But the staff act like used car salesman. If you want one gun they'll try to talk you into a more expensive one, and don't even get me started on the things I've heard them tell prospective customers... If they didn't have a range I'd have little reason to go in there.
    Point well taken. In my comment about pricing not being lowest or highest, I was refering to handguns from the upper level to entry level. As far as their pressure tactics, I have never experienced it. Not that the counter people don't use such tactics, but I can only guess the salesmen give me the old man pass in not beating me up with sales pitch tactics. Maybe they think I would not be able to hear them anyway.

(Delaware County)

Has anyone noticed if they've sold their overpriced AR-15 mags? I think they had Colt green-follower AR-15 mags priced at $25. The 9mm AR mags were priced at about double what you'd find online. I'd be funny, if everyone across the country was sold out of mags, and TargetMaster still has a dusty stack in the display case.
    Removed NRA Life Member pic. LaPierre and Chris Cox are ruining NRA.

(Delaware County)

I took my cousins from Jersey out to TargetMaster to do some shooting. TM still has maybe 3 dozen Colt mags, but they are marked up to $65 now. They have a few black rifles, and a built lower with M4 stock. I didn't have time to check the prices, and was a little afraid to look anyway. :/ No AKs.
    Removed NRA Life Member pic. LaPierre and Chris Cox are ruining NRA.

(Chester County)

So, the TargetMaster Web Page offers a Colt for 1249 and as i inquired about it, they now are selling it for 1999.

ok, so the price went up (supply vs demand) but change your web page add.

the callouss Jack @$$ behind the counter just lost any potential business EVER.

I have had issues with them before but somehow just end up there. I am more mad at myself for going again then anything.

well, besides not getting the Colt for that advertised price (which they obviously will NOT honor)

B$ !!!!

(Delaware County)

I have a like/hate relationship with that store as well. I'm actually on decent terms with a 2 or 3 people who work there, but a few guys there are complete idiots. If I'm buying or selling, I only deal with those specific people. One of them I think is the owner, the shorter guy who recently grew a beard, and who can be loud. When you get to know him he is really not that bad to deal with. All in all when you talk turkey with him and 2 other guys their, they know there stuff and are somewhat reasonable to deal with. The staff in general reminds me of a bunch of college frat guys that don't give a crap. Sometimes it can be funny, but sometimes its annoying

When there is no gun panic going on, their prices on most things are reasonable. It seems like almost every gun store in Delco is more expensive than Targetmaster. The only exception is Miller's and maybe Double Action. A mirror image of Targetmaster is Suburban Armory. The owner of SA is cool and great guy behind the counter, and will bend over backwards to order what you want if he doesn't have in the store, but his prices are insane.

What makes me laugh is Targetmaster has the biggest store in the area with a big selection. I like to go there to window shop, and handle something I am interested in. If I can get it somewhere else I will just go there to buy it. I actually bought a Taurus at another store after looking at the same gun at Targetmaster, and gladly paid $30 more, and drive out of my way just so I would not have to deal with the idiot who was working at TM that day. I bet a lot of others do the same, or walk out of TM with money in their pockets. Business wise that is kind of sad.
    Last edited by theyoungone; January 4th, 2013 at 01:00 AM.

(Delaware County)

I do my shopping at Tanners. Couple of weeks ago I went and bought a S&W M&P FS 40 cal with night sights for $480.00 brand new. They could of mark it up more but that's how they are. They know how to treat the customer. Also they have troy battle mags for $13.99. I will never buy for Target Master.
    It's a drive but it's worth the trip.

(Delaware County)

I look at TM then buy at Double Action in Yeadon. The staff at TM are just crass idiots. I know its not a library but open your ears for a minute at the counter, any time of day and you'll hear the morons behind the counter complaining about customers ("F this and F that"). No need for me to go there with Double Action and Delco Shooting Supply around the corner from me.

(Delaware County)

I second what everyone else is saying here. They're a bunch of jerkoffs.

They just jacked the price of ammo overnight! A case of 1000 9mms was $239 yesterday... today it is $279. Thats what happens when your sold out of guns......

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by allglock View Post
    They just jacked the price of ammo overnight! A case of 1000 9mms was $239 yesterday... today it is $279. Thats what happens when your sold out of guns......
    Yep I just left there and seen that. The place is still a zoo. What a gold mind.
    Mike

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast