Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Targetmaster

Default Re: Targetmaster

Targetmaster is a nice place to shoot and buy stuff. It's sometimes a very busy place, which requires patience. I am glad that they are still there after 19 years of shopping and shooting there. I hope they stay for another 19 years! Patience is the key! The one thing they could use is take a number system like in the Supermarket. That would be really helpful to all.
    Last edited by allglock; May 20th, 2014 at 12:20 PM.

(Delaware County)

Took an NRA class here a week ago. Ammo prices were not bad and guys were helpful/ friendly. It also was not very crowded.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp 45 View Post
    Now I have had two different sets of experiences both good and bad here and this response is not necessarily directed toward targertmasters. It is however meant to possibly illuminate what I feel service should be and how a negative experience will eventually catch up with any business.

Now that being said I never had my lunch money taken course I'm also a nice guy too so maybe that's why, and yes I expect the folks at gun stores to treat me with some professionalism just like I do anywhere else. And I would not spend money at anyplace that doesn't.

I didn't realize that selling guns provided an outlet to be an a hole. I must've misunderstood the general concept of a business providing a service.... Hence the term customer service.

If any business doesn't miss customers that are "but hurt" because they were not treated nicely then all it takes is another business to open up that will miss customers. You will most assuredly see the shift to the place that treats people respectfully.

As for ammo shortages well from what I can tell prices are coming down and availability is going up. Having that monopoly only works when your the only game around. Now that ammo is becoming more widely available customers who were not happy will go elsewhere.

Finally its a well known fact when someone has a bad experience they tend to tell on average 11 other people, when someone has a great experience they only tell on average 3 people. With social media outlets such as yelp, Facebook, twitter even yes pafoa word travels fast and other members are even faster to refer these same folks to a better option for them.

As for being asked the same questions over and over well one would think that a business would appreciate this. It means they have an opportunity to obtain and retain an obvious new customer so one would think how they feel when they show up and leave might be important.
    I understand your logic and you make some great points. What is funny to me is the people that troll bad experiences from them and continue to go back and yet again decide to complain about it.. Starting the cycle over again. When I am in the market for something I have done my research, period. I also would not go into a tattoo shop and pick my tattoo on the fly or ask the artist which tattoo I should get. When you find yourself doing that, chances you should not be getting a tattoo. I am not going to argue your points as I tend to agree with them, I however feel there is a line that some cross and allow emotion get in the purchasing a tool that could protect their life, that sort of emotion I would not let happen and the information or research would have already been obtained on that tool. Just IMO for everyone that left the store because they did not get the answer or time they felt they wanted from a CS rep, another person is waiting behind them that has plastic already in hand and is ready to make the sale. Great CS makes the sale better but depending on the product would not be a deal breaker. I personally have had nothing but good CS from Targetmaster.

One point I really like that you made however just amplifies the American way, have a good experience tell no one unless they ask and have a bad experience tell everyone regards if they ask or not.

I am glad you never got your lunch money taken BTW, that's a good thing, I too expect professionalism, but I also understand my own role in the equation along with the situation. I do not point fingers fast and I try to see what I can do to make a situation better.

As I said you make great general points about CS, most of what I wrote was Tongue-in-cheek, I expect professionalism but I am not perfect and understand that stuff happens, less than par CS would not stop me from buying a firearm that I wanted.
    check out my Photo page: http://www.facebook.com/Blak1508

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Blak1508 View Post
    I understand your logic and you make some great points. What is funny to me is the people that troll bad experiences from them and continue to go back and yet again decide to complain about it.. Starting the cycle over again. When I am in the market for something I have done my research, period. I also would not go into a tattoo shop and pick my tattoo on the fly or ask the artist which tattoo I should get. When you find yourself doing that, chances you should not be getting a tattoo. I am not going to argue your points as I tend to agree with them, I however feel there is a line that some cross and allow emotion get in the purchasing a tool that could protect their life, that sort of emotion I would not let happen and the information or research would have already been obtained on that tool. Just IMO for everyone that left the store because they did not get the answer or time they felt they wanted from a CS rep, another person is waiting behind them that has plastic already in hand and is ready to make the sale. Great CS makes the sale better but depending on the product would not be a deal breaker. I personally have had nothing but good CS from Targetmaster.

One point I really like that you made however just amplifies the American way, have a good experience tell no one unless they ask and have a bad experience tell everyone regards if they ask or not.

I am glad you never got your lunch money taken BTW, that's a good thing, I too expect professionalism, but I also understand my own role in the equation along with the situation. I do not point fingers fast and I try to see what I can do to make a situation better.

As I said you make great general points about CS, most of what I wrote was Tongue-in-cheek, I expect professionalism but I am not perfect and understand that stuff happens, less than par CS would not stop me from buying a firearm that I wanted.
    Fair enough like I said it wasn't really directed towards target masters I think the only difference being bad service would deter me from buying from a particular place. I would simply take my business elsewhere. But hey different strokes thanks for the feedback.

(Chester County)

Was in Targetmaster yesterday for the S&W days event.

The good: buddy was looking for a 9mm shield, the sale price was $350.

Bad: They were selling 10rnd stripper clips of green tip for $30 a pop.

I do use the range at Targetmaster, but ever since the gun grab they left a bad taste with price gouging, and it continues. But it was a complete mob scene for the S&W deals and were selling a lot.

(Delaware County)

I was there too. There wasn't anywhere to park in the paring lot. It was a mob seen inside. I grabbed a S&W catalog and headed for the door.

(Delaware County)

I was there first thing this morning and picked up an M and P Shield in .40 for $349.99. Thought was a good deal. Place was packed right out of the gate!

Another visit to Targetmaster the other day. Treated very well by Joe, Thad, Joe and Bob! Great place but VERY BUSY!

Wow holy dead thread, batman.

I had a really good experience at TM. Went in there to complete a handgun transfer with another PAFOA member and ended up buying a Silencerco Osprey to go with it. They let me know the day the transfer came through (6 or 8 months later...) and were very helpful through the whole process. If I lived closer I'd go there more frequently but it's really far out of my way.

(Delaware County)

So the private FFL I like to use didnt answer their phone (Thin Blue Line FFL, Broomall). I've decided to go with a more reliable source with set business hours so I gave Target Master a call. I called and asked what the fee is. T̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶l̶y̶ ̶I̶ ̶r̶e̶c̶e̶i̶v̶e̶d̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶"̶$̶3̶5̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶w̶e̶e̶k̶d̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶$̶5̶0̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶w̶e̶e̶k̶e̶n̶d̶s̶.̶"̶ ̶ ̶I̶ ̶a̶l̶w̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶$̶5̶0̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶w̶e̶e̶k̶.̶ ̶S̶o̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶$̶5̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶d̶o̶l̶l̶a̶r̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶5̶ ̶m̶i̶n̶u̶t̶e̶ ̶r̶i̶d̶e̶ ̶o̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶ ̶2̶5̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶m̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶g̶o̶o̶d̶ ̶d̶e̶a̶l̶.̶ ̶I̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶g̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶i̶f̶l̶e̶ ̶a̶r̶r̶i̶v̶e̶s̶.̶

STILL $50. More greatness from TM. "Thats for person to person transfers. It is still $50 for these type of transfers.".... My reply, "Well, you need to get the correct information to your employees so they can give the customer the right info."
    Last edited by dave61218; March 5th, 2017 at 01:47 PM.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast