Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pmsc

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Pmsc

Went to the meeting on Wednesday, got sponsored, and submitted payment. Looking forward to 'getting in' and taking advantage of a great place to shoot in the coming months. How often do most of you (members) go?

(Allegheny County)

I had my orientation on wednesday and am now a member. My only issue is unless you have 4wd you aren't getting around up there. I got stuck 3 times Wednesday night, Along with several other vehicles.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
    I had my orientation on wednesday and am now a member. My only issue is unless you have 4wd you aren't getting around up there. I got stuck 3 times Wednesday night, Along with several other vehicles.
    You'll be OK. It doesn't snow all year long.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
    Had to park in the "fail" lot!

I remember one group shoot when the fail lot was full of SUV's and trucks. I saw a lot people hoofing it to the top. I didn't think I stood a chance but I knew that I couldn't walk the hill.

So this middle aged women in her Buick Regal decided to give it a whirl. I started out at a nice steady pace, slipped once but didn't ease up and crawled up the hill. Boy, there were a lot surprised looks when I pulled in up top! I think I was the the only one up there that didn't have 4 wheel drive.

As EM said, it doesn't snow all the time and the indoor range is on the flats if the hill is not an option for your vehicle.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kimba View Post
    Had to park in the "fail" lot!

I remember one group shoot when the fail lot was full of SUV's and trucks. I saw a lot people hoofing it to the top. I didn't think I stood a chance but I knew that I couldn't walk the hill.

So this middle aged women in her Buick Regal decided to give it a whirl. I started out at a nice steady pace, slipped once but didn't ease up and crawled up the hill. Boy, there were a lot surprised looks when I pulled in up top! I think I was the the only one up there that didn't have 4 wheel drive.

As EM said, it doesn't snow all the time and the indoor range is on the flats if the hill is not an option for your vehicle.

On Wed night the parking lot out by the first building you come to was plowed, but snow covered.
    Yeah, that sort packed-down snow can be hard to navigate with a car, and I saw a few cars spinning.

Be a man - buy a TRUCK! What kind of pansy-assed club do you think this is?

LOL! Just kidding!
    Note that the road through the club has been vastly improved over the years.

(Westmoreland County)

Congratulations to the new members. PMSC is a phenomenal club. I knew it was awesome but I never realized how awesome until I saw other clubs and their admission procedures.

One tip, renew your membership and stay on top of renewing it. I very much regret letting mine lapse when I had a ruptured disc and had to go through some spinal surgeries and couldn't shoot for a while. Now that I can shoot again and am dying to get back there, I'd have to go through the admissions process over again and since I moved to the North Hills and changed jobs, it's impossible for me to get out there for the meetings without taking a day off.

IMO, the best club in the Greater Pittsburgh Area.
    "Because I'm an American." - MtnJack

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by D-FENS View Post
    Congratulations to the new members. PMSC is a phenomenal club. I knew it was awesome but I never realized how awesome until I saw other clubs and their admission procedures.

One tip, renew your membership and stay on top of renewing it. I very much regret letting mine lapse when I had a ruptured disc and had to go through some spinal surgeries and couldn't shoot for a while. Now that I can shoot again and am dying to get back there, I'd have to go through the admissions process over again and since I moved to the North Hills and changed jobs, it's impossible for me to get out there for the meetings without taking a day off.

IMO, the best club in the Greater Pittsburgh Area.
    You can use a "proxy" (sponsoring member) to attend the mandatory meeting in your stead.

Contact membership.

PMSC Membership FAQ:

http://www.pmsconline.com/pmsc/?q=membership
    Last edited by Hawk; January 5th, 2013 at 12:54 PM.
    Toujours prêt

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    You can use a "proxy" (sponsoring member) to attend the mandatory meeting in your stead.

Contact membership.

PMSC Membership FAQ:

http://www.pmsconline.com/pmsc/?q=membership
    Yes. On Wed night, I saw at least two members standing in and "introducing" the new member they were sponsoring who could not be there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12