Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default naval base gun in car?

I am planning on leaving tomorrow to go to Norfolk Virginia to tour the USS enterprise for the last time before its inactivation (i once lived in Newport news when my father served on the enterprise) the tickets they sent are to be printed and I just read them now and it says when we get there our car will be searched. I had intended to leave my gun in the car because I wasn't really thinking of the lot as part of the base (lapse in thought) so I am wondering if that will be an issue? I assume it will be but thought i'd ask. We were not sure if we would be getting a hotel or camping because we don't know how cold it will be or how much money we will have. Anyhow I suppose if push comes to shove I could leave it at home but I would prefer not to.

(Chester County)

Default Re: naval base gun in car?

maybe this will give some more clarification
    http://www.navy.mil/submit/display.asp?story_id=54055

(Monroe County)

I highly recommend NOT taking any firearms onto a federal installation. Bad news if you do.

(Chester County)

Just did some more searching on navy policy. Sailors cant do it and if you do it, you might find your self locked up. They wont listen to excuses

(Jefferson County)

Absolutely DO NOT take your gun onto a base. It doesn't matter if it is on your person or in the trunk - DO NOT TAKE THE GUN ONTO THE BASE.

Leave it in the motel room, or park off base and leave it in the vehicle.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Absolutely DO NOT take your gun onto a base. It doesn't matter if it is on your person or in the trunk - DO NOT TAKE THE GUN ONTO THE BASE.

Leave it in the motel room, or park off base and leave it in the vehicle.

^^^^^^^^^
    THIS!!!!!!!!

Take it from someone who spent 4 1/2 years on that base, and 6 years in the Navy. If you get caught with a weapon in your car, on Federal property, you will not like spending time in jail. And you most certainly will never be allowed to own another gun LEGALLY. As much as I hated not being able to take my gun on base, I was never stupid enough to try it. So DON"T!!!

(Allegheny County)

Thank you all so much for your prompt responses. I had assumed that would be the case but I appreciate knowing for sure. Not sure yet where I'll be staying so I might have to leave them behind I suppose.

(Bradford County)

on a side note, when i was in the Air Force, i was in the process of a base transfer and had many guns and bows in the trunk. (was much younger then i am now), and was stopped on FT Brag. turned into a ugly night, but the Air Force base just had me check them into their armory until i got my housing situated. you could probably call the LE section and see if they could store it for you while on base in their armory instead of leaving it in the hotel or risk a car search without disclosing it.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Preble Pro View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^
    THIS!!!!!!!!

Take it from someone who spent 4 1/2 years on that base, and 6 years in the Navy. If you get caught with a weapon in your car, on Federal property, you will not like spending time in jail. And you most certainly will never be allowed to own another gun LEGALLY. As much as I hated not being able to take my gun on base, I was never stupid enough to try it. So DON"T!!!
    CALM DOWN! I think he got the point

I am a reposesser and i had to go onto a base in tobyhanna pa and at the gate my partner informed the mp's he had a firearm and they checked it in just like a courthouse would so i say call the gate they may do the same there.

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast