Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Open Carry Tonight in my own home?

Gotta agree with Red

(Montgomery County)

I would conceal. I generally conceal around the neighbors. Why bother stirring the pot.

As far as the fingerprinting and DNA, it is not as sinister as some suggest.
    It is not the police doing it, but some community anti-crime group.
    They do a fingerprint card and do a dna cheek swab.
    Then they give it all to you for safekeeping in a folder that also has places to put current photos and descriptions.

IF your child is ever lost, you then have records of their fingerprints and can get the DNA from the swab.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    I would conceal. I generally conceal around the neighbors. Why bother stirring the pot.

Then they give it all to you for safekeeping in a folder that also has places to put current photos and descriptions.

IF your child is ever lost, you then have records of their fingerprints and can get the DNA from the swab.
    I were just about to say that , You can do the whole thing yourself, do the fingerprints, foot prints , and make a little DNA kit and put it away in your own house just in case. A lot of people out west do this without involving the police or the government folks.
    Just keep it somewhere safe like in a heavy Gun safe or your bank deposit box etc.

(Monroe County)

I'm surprised there is any foil left at Shoprite with all the tin foil hats and suits being made.

This is correct. Its some group of folks that do it for free, I think it is a great idea.

They actually didnt even show up, their appointment prior to us ran late and they had to reschedule. I guess we will see their reaction next time!

Gotta agree, this is not taking your kids to the man to have them registered for future mind control or Obama mandated swearing in of the sheeple.

It's a crime watch thing that is done so the information is available if something happens to your kids. When ours was done for our kids they didn't save it to a database, it was all printed out and handed to us. I keep it tucked away somewhere safe.

If you don't like the idea of someone else doing it then you can do of yourself and keep the info safe however you choose.

To the OP - I choose not to oc so my opinion would lean towards cc anyway. However as stated above it is your right and your castle. If you are concerned that oc would make things uncomfortable then hide it. If you believe in educating others about gun rights and exercising your right to carry, then pack it out in the open.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    I would put all my handguns on my belt and sling a shotgun across my back. My 9 year old daughter would be at the table cleaning a rifle and sharpening some knives. My dogs would both be wearing tactical vests and my wife and 13 year old daughter would be reloading some ammo. That is just me, I can be a dick sometime.

JK, do what ever feels comfortable to you.
    Rep sent. 10characters

^^^^^ This. The Masons have a program where they do this at a lot of community events. The information goes straight to the parents, they do not keep anything. It includes a dvd with information about child that you give to a cop if the child goes missing which they can put into the computer in their car and get out to others instantaneously to help find the kid.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mason...ation_Programs

Quote Originally Posted by redeye202 View Post
    DNA,fingerprinting, a kid, call my a asshole for this, but why not just go all the way and put in the chip, you are worried about abduction, at least with a chip, you will know where the kid is to be found.

People fear that the government is intruding too much on their rights, and then put their kids in the federal data base, what the fuck am i missing here.

Ban me, flame the hell out of me, but this is just fucking wrong on many levels.
    You're an asshole....... just kidding, you asked I understand the concern about putting information like that out there for the government to collect. It is not something I would want them to have either. The part you are missing, as others have said, this does not put your name into a database. All the information is self contained and given to the parents to do with what they will. (at least in the case of the mason's) The information does not go into a database.

It still could not hurt to ask if any information is saved when you get this done. Like I said, the Masons do not keep any info, I can not vouch for any other organizations.
    Last edited by internet troll; December 1st, 2012 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by redeye202 View Post
    DNA,fingerprinting, a kid, call my a asshole for this, but why not just go all the way and put in the chip, you are worried about abduction, at least with a chip, you will know where the kid is to be found.

People fear that the government is intruding too much on their rights, and then put their kids in the federal data base, what the fuck am i missing here.

Ban me, flame the hell out of me, but this is just fucking wrong on many levels.
    put your tin foil helmet away, this isnt what this is...not even remotely close.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast