Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Fired for defending his store...stupid AUTO ZONE

Discuss: how STUPID is Auto Zone?

http://wtkr.com/2012/11/30/autozone-...-beard-bandit/

(Chester County)

Default Re: Fired for defending his store...stupid AUTO ZONE

FYI -- currently need two new headlights for the wife's car. Auto zone is NOT on my list of places to go for them.

(Beaver County)

Well then, looks like Autozone just lost all my potential business on this one. I think some calls need made and a letter needs written. I'm going to call on my lunch break. This is bull and I will steer all my friends and family away from them from this point on until I hear something otherwise. In the meantime, here is a letter that Southwest Shooting Authority has posted on their website that the owner sends to businesses and employers upon request.

Greetings,

A number of your employees and customers have contacted us with concerns about your prohibitive firearms policy and their personal security. In view of the numerous attacks on unarmed employees and students across the country in recent months, they have come to realize that when seconds count, law enforcement is only minutes away. With this in mind, those that have the desire to protect themselves and their loved ones find themselves at odds with company policy.

Placing a "NO FIREARMS" sign on your door or having a known policy that prohibits firearms lets the criminal know that he can work in a relatively safe, hazard-free environment without fear of confrontation. Many of the establishments that have been recently attacked have had such signs and policies. Do you think the criminal will change his mind and leave when he sees such a sign? Hardly. It just emboldens him.

We understand the liability concerns of having firearms on your property and in your building. However, we are not sure that you understand the liability concerns that you should have for yourselves and your company should the unthinkable happen and one or more of your employees, customers or their families are injured or killed due to their inability to protect themselves because of your policy.

In lieu of allowing these individuals to legally carry a firearm for self-protection, they have asked that you provide full-time, armed security, adequate for each employee, during all work hours. If this is not acceptable to you, please know that legal and civil action may be taken against your company and each of you personally if an incident unfolds in which these individuals are not properly protected or allowed to protect themselves.

Across the nation, it has been proven over and over again that legally licensed, trained individuals carrying concealed weapons have NOT propagated incidents in which "blood ran in the streets" as was predicted by so many. In fact, quite the opposite has been the case. Nationwide, only a minute fraction of CCW holders have even been involved in a violent crime of any description. Many have been able to prevent or stop crimes with little or no injuries or loss of life. CCW holders have been involved in incidents where they were able to lend assistance to law enforcement professionals with favorable results.

With all of this in mind, the aforementioned concerned individuals respectfully ask that you reconsider your policy and put something in place that would be acceptable to both parties. A possible compromise might be that if someone wishes to carry at work, they should provide proper training and licensing credentials and severe disciplinary action be taken if they are observed handling their weapons in any manner on company property unless it is in defense of themselves or others.

Sincerely,

Cope Reynolds

Southwest Shooting Authority

(Philadelphia County)

The guy should go work for Wal Mart because 2 of the guys that killed that Black Friday shopper, 2 guys are on paid suspension.

(Philadelphia County)

Its a shame that shit like this happpens to those who do the right thing, that being said I won't be shopping there anymore. I dont see why they just dont get armed guards. The autozones here have armed guards. I worked for a company contracted by autozone, but as the guy said earlier there are letters than need to be written to corporate.
    You r one dumb son of a b!tch, bringina knifetoa gunfight

(Allegheny County)

I sent of a comment to AutoZone, asking them to reconsider their Policy as well as reinstating the employee. Until they do, I will do my purchasing elsewhere. I also informed them that there was an article written up about this incident and it was making the rounds on the internet, with a majority of readers agreeing to stop patronizing their establishments.

Again, I know it's their rights as the property owner but it's my right to not be a sheeple and to spend my money elsewhere. Just my thoughts on this issue.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by 4070BN View Post
    I sent of a comment to AutoZone, asking them to reconsider their Policy as well as reinstating the employee. Until they do, I will do my purchasing elsewhere. I also informed them that there was an article written up about this incident and it was making the rounds on the internet, with a majority of readers agreeing to stop patronizing their establishments.

Again, I know it's their rights as the property owner but it's my right to not be a sheeple and to spend my money elsewhere. Just my thoughts on this issue.
    I just sent a comment to the as well. We'll see if they do anything about it.

First it was Walgreens, now Auto Zone lost my business as well.
    [account deactivated]

(Allegheny County)

Unfortunately this is a policy held by almost all big retailers.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by cliff883 View Post
    Unfortunately this is a policy held by almost all big retailers.
    And most likely a lot of small ones too. The last thing I wanted in my convenience store was an employee shooting it out while there were customers in the store.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast