Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: 22nd & 23rd Tri County Gun Show, York Fairgrounds, York PA

Anybody go to the show today have a review? Prolly going tomorrow for shits n giggles.

(Chester County)

how was it?
    crowded?
    overpriced?
    any ar inventory?

(Franklin County)

I was there at 7:40 was about 25th in line around 9:00 there was well over 400 in line. Was elbow to elbow and when I left around 11:30 there was still a line outside it never stopped. Prices on ar and ak items was over priced as with most ammo for them. There was plenty of ammo and hardly and ars there.

(York County)

I went this afternoon (around 1pm) just to see how it was.

IT was very crowded, parking lot was full and people parking in the grass. Only about 15 in line to pay to get in.

Crowded inside.

Checked out AR mags, Dennis todd had USGI, looked ok but not brand new, a mixed variety, O kay industries etc. No price tag, asked and was told $25.

Precisions from MD had boxes of Pmags, no price tag and were too busy so i didnt ask.

The tables with mags, were sold out of the common ones.

Ammo was low and over priced. M855 was $600 a case.

One table had a crate of used USGI mags, all beat, scratched and taped. $25.

I was looking at uppers but didnt notice many AR's, a few but not like normal.

I was in and out in under an hour so I stopped an Gander, it too was busy at the gun counter and was low on ARs. I think they were the .22LR. No 20/30 round mags.

I wouldnt bother going unless you are local, wait a month until this all settles and the manufacturers restock the online company's.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee-online View Post

IT was very crowded, parking lot was full and people parking in the grass. Only about 15 in line to pay to get in.

Crowded inside.

Checked out AR mags, Dennis todd had USGI, looked ok but not brand new, a mixed variety, O kay industries etc. No price tag, asked and was told $25.

Precisions from MD had boxes of Pmags, no price tag and were too busy so i didnt ask.

I was in and out in under an hour so I stopped an Gander, it too was busy at the gun counter and was low on ARs. I think they were the .22LR. No 20/30 round mags.

I wouldnt bother going unless you are local, wait a month until this all settles and the manufacturers restock the online company's.
    I bought some 30rd pmags from precision as soon as the doors opened. Right after I purchased mine(they had a 5 limit) they jacked the prices up. Go figure. That place was a MADHOUSE. It was my first gun show and I really looked forward to spending a good bit of time there, but with the crowd I got what I needed and got the hell out of there.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee-online View Post

Crowded inside.

Better prices could be found on the m855. I got some there this morning for .50 cents a round. Seemed like the best bulk ammo prices were right inside the door. I know he had 1,000 round cases for 500 something.

Also picked up some 1911 grips, tons of those there.

Saw a used wasr-10 for $1500. Lol

(Lancaster County)

I think I will enjoy the humor of the situation and the good ol' capitalism at work. Nobody has to buy their product. Right now this is beneficial to cosmo collectors and our eeevil 5 rds of bolt action hell!

(York County)

Saw lots of price gouging on ammo and of course any ARs, AKs, etc. Even rifle prices seemed high. Some dealers still asked honest prices, though. I'm getting less and less enthused about gun shows in general. Rather find what I want at my LGS or on the web. Bought a few odds and ends but no way I'm paying ridiculous prices. Way too much panic going on, IMO.

(York County)

I showed up around 1pm on Saturday and went right in.

Didn't have much on my list except for some good 45 HP's and some cast bullets for reloading.

I was glad to do some shopping/browsing for something I was interested in for a change, after the last couple of weeks of holiday shopping. Roamed around for at least 2 and a half hours.

Thinking now might be a good time to sell my AR, btw......
    You never see a motorcycle parked ouside a psychiatrist's office!

(Lancaster County)

Interesting show. I thought prices were high before! Did have lots of laughs at the $2000 Bushwackers...er I mean Bushmasters and $40 mags that were $10 last week. Picked up a few odds and ends. May be time to sell a few things and pay off the mortgage.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast