Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default General Defense Outfitters in New Hope - AWESOME!

No, I am not a paid spokesmen. No, I am not getting paid or any "special deals" for saying any of this... But I had the best Firearms experience to date today at General Defense Outfitters. The owner (Gunnar) is an absolute pleasure to deal with and VERY competent. I found about him through a friend of mine and figured I'd give them a shot to transfer a stripped lower I ordered from Palmetto State. First of all, his transfer fee is $20. That is the most competitive I have found in the area. And secondly, after chatting, I soon realized he has THE BEST PRICING ON ANYTHING YOU COULD IMAGINE. No exaggeration. Needless to say, I have my eye on a new Sig, and 2 hard to find Kel-Tec models (that he has IN STOCK). He also deals in tactical and survival gear too.

He definitely made a point of making sure my experience was a positive one, and he told me that he frequently sets up a booth at gun show in the area, so if you see "General Defense Outfitters" at a show, stop by and talk to the guy. You wont regret it.

As an instructor (and general gun enthusiast) I have dealt with a lot of businesses in the area from as far north as Easton and Allentown, to the Philly area. I have to say, I have found the absolute best FFL and Dealer in Bucks county PERIOD. I'm not usually one to do plugs like this, but this guy deserves the credit. He made a believer out of me.

I believe the website with his contact info is www.gdousa.com if anyone is interested.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

(Bucks County)

Default Re: General Defense Outfitters in New Hope - AWESOME!

I purchased my S&W 9mm Shield from his about 6 months ago at the Oaks gun show. He was a pleasure to work with. No one had a better price for the Shield.

(Bucks County)

Where's the store at? I didn't see a address on their website.

(Bucks County)

The business card I have says 6285 Greenhill Road, New Hope.

(Bucks County)

Was in New Hope today and went looking for this store. 6285 Greenhill rd appears to be a home address. Any ideas where this store is? I like the prices and selection on their site and would like to check the store out.

(Bucks County)

Just sent you a PM with some details.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

(Lehigh County)

Id like to goto this place as well but it seems to be an online store only with no known store front listed.
    Have you called, faxed, or emailed your reps today!!!

(Bucks County)

Been to his place,awesome guy,no store operates out of his house give him a call he is more than happy to help you out with your needs

(Bucks County)

There's another guy that operates out of his house on river road - you have to cross over the canal on one of those little bridges (B I think) and go down a narrow path - I believe it's just south of the black bass hotel. I was there last year - forget the guy's name. He has a lot of M1As there and apparently that's his personal thing - he has them of all grades and knows what they are. His shop is detached from his house though - looked like it used to be a guest house and it's small but he has some unique stuff - quite a bit of new pistols and tactical shotguns too. Worth checking out if you're up that way - you never know what these small shops are holding - especially in that area where people are selling to them or trading and not many people come by to take a look - you could snag a good deal on a nice used piece doing that.

(Bucks County)

Huh. I had no idea there were any dealers in or around New Hope. Thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by galvanni View Post
    There's another guy that operates out of his house on river road - you have to cross over the canal on one of those little bridges (B I think) and go down a narrow path - I believe it's just south of the black bass hotel. I was there last year - forget the guy's name. He has a lot of M1As there and apparently that's his personal thing - he has them of all grades and knows what they are. His shop is detached from his house though - looked like it used to be a guest house and it's small but he has some unique stuff - quite a bit of new pistols and tactical shotguns too. Worth checking out if you're up that way - you never know what these small shops are holding - especially in that area where people are selling to them or trading and not many people come by to take a look - you could snag a good deal on a nice used piece doing that.
    Yeah. I've been there, I think it's near Bridge 3 off of river road... Nice guy, and neat little shop. I remember talking to him about how often he needed to fix or repair his sign because yuppies from NY/NJ love to move to the lower taxes side of the river and then proceed to damage his stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast