Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Susquehanna County)

Default Swear in question

I've always wondered when you go to court and you are asked to raise your right hand and then the "Do you swear to tell the Truth the hole Truth and nothing but the Truth" What would happen if you said no?

I have never heard of any one doing this. Just curious as to what the court would do in this situation.

DC

Default Re: Swear in question

My WAG would be a contempt citation from the judge.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Damage control View Post
    I've always wondered when you go to court and you are asked to raise your right hand and then the "Do you swear to tell the Truth the hole Truth and nothing but the Truth" What would happen if you said no?

I have never heard of any one doing this. Just curious as to what the court would do in this situation.

DC
    The entire judicial system would probably implode on itself, and then there would be chaos........ sweet, sweet, chaos !!!!!

Marry you, and ruin it all ? I say let's play in sin. ~Michele
    Do ya like warm oil massages ?~Me
    As long as it's gun oil.~Michele

(Susquehanna County)

DC
    After you were held in contempt of court. You'd find a new lover in jail. There's a lawyer in Delco I believe he's in jail for contempt for over 10 year. Because during his divorce case he refused to tell them where he hid 2 million dollars (he didn't want to share it with her).

I forget his name but admire his stupidity and hatred

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWilliams View Post
    My WAG would be a contempt citation from the judge.
    So basicly say yes or go to jail/fine. So why do they even ask? Not like you have a choice.

The entire judicial system would probably implode on itself, and then there would be chaos........ sweet, sweet, chaos !!!!!
    Haha

DC

(Lebanon County)

I've never been in a position to try it, and hope I never am, but I would think that you'd be making your experience more expensive as well as more difficult. I would presume that the first thing you'd heat is the gavel banging and the announcement of a charge of contempt and possibly a call for order in the court. It would probably be all downhill from there considering that most professionals in the Judicial system are rather serious while doing their job and would most likely take a dim view of someone who choses to deviate from standard accepted behavior.

Kind of reminds me of the Cheech & Chong courtroom routine from the early 70's that goes something like this:
    While swearing in the defendant, one of the court officials asks;
    "Are you Leslie Horwinkle?"
    "If I wasn't Lesli Horwinkle I wouldn't be here now, would I?"

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

So basicly say yes or go to jail/fine. So why do they even ask? Not like you have a choice.

DC
    Manners? Kind of like when I "ask" my boy to do a chore.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWilliams View Post
    Manners? Kind of like when I "ask" my boy to do a chore.
    Then they shoud change it to "You must tell the truth the hole truth and nothing but the truth or big daddy judge will contempt your ass for being a lieing asstard".

DC

(Philadelphia County)

Then they shoud change it to "You must tell the truth the hole truth and nothing but the truth or big daddy judge will contempt your ass for being a lieing asstard".

DC
    I'll tell ya, since i started hangin' around on this forum, my vocabulary has grown astronomically. I now use fucktard and asshat on a regular basis. Now I can include asstard. Thank you all very much for expanding my vocab.

Marry you, and ruin it all ? I say let's play in sin. ~Michele
    Do ya like warm oil massages ?~Me
    As long as it's gun oil.~Michele

(Susquehanna County)

Not to hijack your thread. But to show you what can happen when your honest. A buddy of mine went into court for jury duty. His wife was expecting at any time. So he wanted out. When he was picked for a murder trial he raised his hand and said to the judge "Your honor can I talk to you like my father" the Judge said yes mistake. My bud said "I think the defends are guilty, the police arrested them and if they didn't do this crime they must have done others or will do others. The police just don't arrest somebody for nothing."

First time I ever saw a judge get red in the face I thought he was going to have a heart attack. He told my bud "Mr. Laziniski if your wife wasn't pregnant. And thats the only thing saving you. You would be sitting in jail till this trial is over. Now get the hell out of my courtroom."

I had to go out and to the bathroom to keep from pissing my pants. And tiring to hold the laugh in though I was going to bust my side and be going to jail because of an angry judge

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast