Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Default Troxell's Sporting Goods

Another thread recently got me thinkin'... Has anyone noticed that they have been keeping low inventory the past year or so(could have been longer)? I really enjoy stopping by but, it is tough these days since they cannot give an ETA of an ordered item due to their lack of a computer system that is connected to their distributors and appear to only deal with them via mail order. Am I the only customer that notices this stuff?

Default Re: Troxell's Sporting Goods

Quote Originally Posted by XD.40 View Post
    Another thread recently got me thinkin'... Has anyone noticed that they have been keeping low inventory the past year or so(could have been longer)? I really enjoy stopping by but, it is tough these days since they cannot give an ETA of an ordered item due to their lack of a computer system that is connected to their distributors and appear to only deal with them via mail order. Am I the only customer that notices this stuff?
    About 2 years ago I went in with a friend who was looking for mags for his S&W 22A. Dave ordered them and told him to check back, so about every other week we would go in there and ask about the mags and every time he said they didn't come in yet. Never mentioned if they were back ordered or what and didn't seem to care which I know is par for the course. In the mean time I found the mags on the interwebs but my buddy still wanted to buy them there, especially since he had them ordered. We went in a few more times over the next few months and he just kept saying they weren't in yet so my buddy gave up...

(Lycoming County)

If Jerry's does not have it, they don't have it. Jerry's runs a truck to Dealers so there are no shipping charges which means lower prices but less inventory. They will accept shipments from other Dealers/Suppliers...you pay the extra for shipping and delivery.
    The liberals won't be happy until they control you.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by mgs View Post
    If Jerry's does not have it, they don't have it. Jerry's runs a truck to Dealers so there are no shipping charges which means lower prices but less inventory. They will accept shipments from other Dealers/Suppliers...you pay the extra for shipping and delivery.
    Can I assume that Jerry's is their distributor? They should be able to make a call and find out a stock query before ordering though. Apparently, they don't.

After a couple months you'd think he'd call JSC and ask if they'll ever get it in stock. Doesn't matter to me, I wasn't the one looking for them and after buying two guns and a bunch of reloading components and mags there I was still treated like a suspicious stranger so I find what I need elsewhere.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by LowCapacity View Post
    After a couple months you'd think he'd call JSC and ask if they'll ever get it in stock. Doesn't matter to me, I wasn't the one looking for them and after buying two guns and a bunch of reloading components and mags there I was still treated like a suspicious stranger so I find what I need elsewhere.
    You are correct! I even went to Gander Mtn and got a spare mag for my Buckmark .22 just because they had it. Paid $10 too much but have it. They were not in stock online anywhere, Mike.

(Montgomery County)

I have bought a couple of firearms there and transfered a couple also. The shop is similar to what a lot of the local shops are. Very cramped and poorly laid out floor plan. Lots of very old inventory. Troxells does have a pretty good selection of handguns on display but not many used ones. I'd still rather do business with Troxells than Tripoli's. I would make the trip Nationals in Jersey Shore if your not happy with Troxells. Just my .02 .

bacher2741
    EB EVO KC9, Kimber SS Raptor Pro II,
    Sig 226 Legion, Wilson Combat Supergrade

(Lycoming County)

I use to stop in at National when Dave owned it. The new owner likes the same toys I do and is a good guy. Just don't get up their way much. They are priced a bit higher than Troxells but have the stuff! I've known Frank at Tripolis for years. Good guy but priced a bit high also. I like used stuff at great prices and Sauer's Trading and Troxells get some nice stuff. Just picked up a left handed 257 Weatherby Accumark for $580 with Leupold bases/rings and Redding Dies....a steal at Troxells. I do well at Sauers also.
    Last edited by mgs; November 29th, 2012 at 06:39 PM.

(Clinton County)

You are correct! I even went to Gander Mtn and got a spare mag for my Buckmark .22 just because they had it. Paid $10 too much but have it. They were not in stock online anywhere, Mike.
    Oh god no...

Did some random employee come up to you to try and help only to argue with you that you are wrong and magazines have words and pages and they only carry clips even after you explain to him his misconception? And you STILL walked out the door with a sample of all their overpriced bullshit that they have no knowledge about?

Shame on you! You must REPENT! 10 hail Marys for you my son...

Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Lycoming County)

Nope....knew what I needed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast