Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Robinson Township/Coraopolis Range?

I've recently moved to the Robinson Township/Coraopolis Area, and am looking for a place to shoot hand guns. I know that the Coraopolis and Forest Grove Sportsmen's clubs are close to me, but it looks like both of those clubs are full and not accepting new members at this time. Is it possible to shoot at either of those without a membership, or just to get a membership for the range? I don't really want to drive too far to be able to shoot, so I'd like to be able to go to either of these places.

Is anyone here a member at either club? Do you know what the possibility of membership is at this point? I just want a place to shoot that is close to me.

Thanks!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Robinson Township/Coraopolis Range?

You can shoot at Cora. on Wed. evening at 7:00 pm......they have a 36 round 'combat match" on the indoor range that is open to the public. It's not really a match anymore (it used to be).....more like a structured practice session. I haven't been there for about a year so I'd call the club for info...it used to be $5 for the first gun and $3.50 for re-entries.
    There are three kinds of people in this world....them what's good at math and them what ain't.

(Allegheny County)

I belong to Coraopolis and no you can't shoot without being a member, except if you're a guest of a member. You can only be a guest three times.

There are 60 people on the waiting list for next year.

The "combat shoot" costs $2.00 for each run. It starts at 7pm every Wednesday. It is open to non-members.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Beaver County)

Unhappy Re: Robinson Township/Coraopolis Range?

I sympathize with your dilemma here. I don't understand how we can be so gun friendly in western pa, but have nowhere to shoot west of Pittsburgh... all the clubs around here are full for the foreseeable future. We need a good range over here that isn't overbearing and overpriced (AA) that is open to the public....

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by flyingjunkie View Post
    I sympathize with your dilemma here. I don't understand how we can be so gun friendly in western pa, but have nowhere to shoot west of Pittsburgh... all the clubs around here are full for the foreseeable future. We need a good range over here that isn't overbearing and overpriced (AA) that is open to the public....
    I heard Tex is out of prison and wants to sell the former Greater Pittsburgh Gun Club.

I don't know the asking price.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM55 View Post
    I heard Tex is out of prison and wants to sell the former Greater Pittsburgh Gun Club.

From what I heard it would be a pretty penny with all the land that was with it.

I miss Greater Pitt. You dont know a good thing till its gone. I havent shot sporting clays or any clays since it shut down. My Browning A5 is collecting dust.

(Allegheny County)

Have you looked into Collier?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM55 View Post

The key word there is FORMER....GPGC, as a business no longer exists. You could buy the land and building and TRY to open a shooting facility....probably get a big battle from the township....
    There are three kinds of people in this world....them what's good at math and them what ain't.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bib View Post
    The key word there is FORMER....GPGC, as a business no longer exists. You could buy the land and building and TRY to open a shooting facility....probably get a big battle from the township....
    Especially with the new highway to no where and the new housing in the area.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steel City View Post
    Have you looked into Collier?
    I haven't looked into Collier yet, that wouldn't be too bad of a drive for me. Are they accepting new members right now?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast