Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cumberland County)

Default FNH SLP........Terrible Experience

3 months ago I purchased what had been my "dream shotgun", an FNH SLP Tactical 12 gauge. i paid $1,300+.

When I got it home I found that the butt stock had been made so that it was warped and CLEARLY flawed.

I made a series of calls to customer service and was told 3 different responses. Bottom line: They actually told me that they "didn't actually have access to ordering replacement butt stocks" and that I'd have to "make the best of it."

I was shocked that a company with such a stellar reputation was essentially blowing me off.

I then called customer service one last time and spoke with a supervisor who apologized and promised to send me a replacement the next day............that was TWO MONTHS AGO AND NO BUTT STOCK HAS BEEN SHIPPED. When I called the supervisor back a week later he had amnesia and claimed that he had no idea what I was talking about with no record of our previous conversation!

Folks, FNH has obviously tanked in their corporate philosophy of service.

I'd STRONGLY suggest anyone considering an FNH purchase to think again.

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: FNH SLP........Terrible Experience

My SLP is perfect but I have heard from various sources the customer service is terrible sorry to hear that.

1. Keep calling till you get what you want.

2. Have the person you talk to e-mail you a confirmation before the days end. If they don't and tell them this before you hang up the phone that you'll be calling back the next day and requesting an e-mail confirmation.

3. If that doesn't work. E-mail all of the higher ups in the company.

If your not willing to do all of that then sell your shotgun and try to recoup your loss as much you can and move on to another brand.

(Beaver County)

That sucks, man. I can't say I've ever had a good experience with anyone's customer service department but Remington though. They sent me a new barrel to fix my rough chamber/ejection problem a few years ago. I was really close to buying a Benelli M4 a while back but I was pretty disappointed with it when I finally got to hold one. I would have overlooked a lot of the things I didn't like about it at a different price point but not for $1800. Did you consider a Mossberg 930 SPX? I love mine.