Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Schuylkill County)

Default Tyler St. Park Deer Hunt 12/5

Got picked for this years hunt. Live couple hrs. away in Schuylkill County. Got picked for area K. Looks like it is near Community College. Anyone know anything about this hunt? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Friends told me area J is very good. Don't know how strict they are with your area. Looks like Neshaminy Creek runs through area K. Thanks Rick

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Tyler St. Park Deer Hunt 12/5

Many many moons ago, when I was a youngin', I attended Bucks County Community College. One afternoon(among many) I "blew off" class and a buddy and me went to "the cliff" which overlooked a stream. While toking on our recreational accessories, I noticed a large buck with a nice rack crossing the stream. I am certain this buck has crossed over by now into the great beyond, but I can tell you there WAS at that time a HUGE herd living in Tyler state park. You can also expect the tree huggers to protest you, as they would prefer to have them step out in front of their cars looking for food rather than reducing the numbers the humane way. Good luck.

(Bucks County)

I have never hunted there but i fish and take my dog for walks there.
    There are a lot of deer. Don't worry about the protesters there numbers get smaller and smaller every year.

I'm betting you WILL get a deer ! Enjoy the yumming deer meat.

I lived very close to Tyler for nearly 20 years. Ray Charles could get a deer in that park. It's always a successful hunt, the game is plentiful, well fed and accustomed to human presence.

The protestors have dwindled to the point they are no longer even reported in the local news. If they appear they will be outside the park and are forbidden to interfer with the hunt or the hunters. The park rangers aren't joking with them. The protestors could not grasp the reality the deer were starving in the winter, had zero natural predators and ignored the fact that deer/car meetings are well above average in the Tyler Park area. Some of us counter protested many years ago, grabbed up the good spots and forced them to abandon a misguided mission.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.