Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Where to sell antique firearms?

Just curious if anyone can steer me in the right direction. I am looking for a gun store that buys guns and is decent and fair. I have a few long rifles, some of which are antique which I am looking to sell and or trade in for more modern firearms. I have just come back into the area (East Greenville PA 18041) to find place I was going to awhile back is closed. I have a PERCUSSION TARGET RIFLE by F.W. JAEHNE, NEW YORK as well as a Marlin Model 90 O/U 12 ga shotgun that I am looking to part ways with. If anyone has any advice on a good place to go it would be appreciated. I don't mind traveling but within reason, meaning I not looking to drive 3 hours! Feel free to hit me here or on my email sdpinc AT comcast DOT net thanks!

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Where to sell antique firearms?

Why not post all the gun info with pictures on here and sell privately.. ??? You will make more money than you will get from a gun shop because they will turn around and sell it for more just to make a profit... why not pass your firearms down the chain to people here that may be looking for it and you will make someone happy with a good deal and make a few extra $$$$ in the process..

Good luck

(Montgomery County)

You certainly could post your guns on the classified here, and for that Jaehne rifle in particular, could also join the forums and post it at the Muzzleloading Forum and/or antiqueguns.com, where you'll hit more people with an interest in antique rifles.

You're also not far from Dixon's Muzzleloading in Kempton, PA -- one of the finest shops anywhere for antiques and other muzzeloaders. They are great people and can at least give you some thoughts on how much it's worth, if not buy it from you outright - but like schr8er said, recognize that any gun shop will be looking to re-sell your piece so will not give you full price.

(Bucks County)

there's no such thing as a gun shop that will give you a fair price for your guns unless you consider receiving 50% or less of it's actual value fair. with that said gun shops are in the business to make money and 50% of actual value is probably a fair price because the gunshop has to make a profit, pay employees and keep the lights on. you're best bet is to figure out what your guns are worth and place a add here or armslist. i've sold a few guns on PAFOA and always had a good experience. I recently sold a gun on armslist and that was a good experience as well. unless you need cash fast trading or selling at a gunshop is the best way to guarantee you'll receive less money for your guns.