Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: H&R Pardener

Default H&R Pardener

Would you pick up an H&R Pardner with black plastic furniture for $125? SG is 2 years old and has never been fired.
    Last edited by harold63; November 18th, 2012 at 10:46 PM.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: H&R Pardener

I prefer the cheap "pallet wood", but yes. Although, $125 is a hair too much for a used Pardner.

Also, be sure the furniture is actually plastic. The Toppers were black painted/finished wood.

H&R/NEF single shots are my focus on collecting.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    I prefer the cheap "pallet wood", but yes. Although, $125 is a hair too much for a used Pardner.

Also, be sure the furniture is actually plastic. The Toppers were black painted/finished wood.

H&R/NEF single shots are my focus on collecting.
    Yea, my son has one of the single shot 12 ga that he got from WM. It is kind of small and light for a 12 ga., but it is a pretty to look at. Everything feels tight, as well. Haven't shot it yet, and he has had it almost 2 yrs. I don't even know if he has ever shot it.

I tried to get the owner down to a single C-note, but he paid $125 for it a few weeks ago from the original owner, and he won't budge. Says he bought it for his wife (who is 70 yrs old and frail; who does that?) and now it is too heavy for her. Anyway, 'preciate the reply.

(Allegheny County)

I agree, the price is a tad high. You could get a brand new one at Walmart for slightly more than that. Of course, if it's unfired you'll be saving a few bucks in tax alone.

I have no regrets with mine other than I wish I shot it more. For price, it's the perfect under the bed gun.

(Jefferson County)

The last new Pardner I bought was my 28ga at Juniata Trading Post in Everett PA for $128+tax about 3 years ago.

The last used Pardner was a 20ga for $60. While the used one has it's signs of use, it was less than half the price of a new one.

$125 is probably $20-$25 more than it is worth if the gun is in "like new condition". But as KJP442 mentioned, if you are buying privately, not paying sales tax helps make up for some of the real value versus selling price difference.
    Last edited by knight0334; November 20th, 2012 at 09:13 AM.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Yeah it's worth it. I have a 20ga single shot and love it to death.

Quote Originally Posted by PA1936MN View Post
    Yeah it's worth it. I have a 20ga single shot and love it to death.
    Thanks. Any of you guys have an optic mounted on yours? What kind and type?

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    Thanks. Any of you guys have an optic mounted on yours? What kind and type?
    Just bead sight on my shotguns.

All but one of my H&R/NEF rifles have irons sights, the oddball has a scope.

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Just bead sight on my shotguns.
    Didn't know when I went to pick it up that ammo was part of the deal. Gun ended up being about $105. Made it taste a little better.

Coincidentally, the guy owns a Smolt (his is 6" with model 19 action) that he let me slobber on a little (coincidentally that the Smolt thread just got started). Ironically, he has never fired it since taking delivery. Again, I ask...Who does that??? I can see - well - no I can't, I'd want to drive cars I collected, as well.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    Didn't know when I went to pick it up that ammo was part of the deal. Gun ended up being about $105. Made it taste a little better.

Coincidentally, the guy owns a Smolt (his is 6" with model 19 action) that he let me slobber on a little (coincidentally that the Smolt thread just got started). Ironically, he has never fired it since taking delivery. Again, I ask...Who does that??? I can see - well - no I can't, I'd want to drive cars I collected, as well.
    $105 with ammo is a good deal.

I've seen many Smolts and Smythons over the years.. ...never really did anything for me seeing how I owned a Python(my first handgun at age 19 or 20). I never did like crossbreading guns or cars(Chevy engines in Fords, etc, etc).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast