Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Anyone ever use this??

I'm pretty knew to the CC world. I'v had my LTCF for almost a year now, but I've been busy with being in the Air Force Reserves that i haven't been home much to ever really use it. But in the next 2 weeks my active duty orders will end and i will be in PA a lot more often. That being said, I own a glock 17 and looking to buy a 26 very soon. I was looking around and came across this:

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpag...eitemid=671601

It looks interesting and I was wondering if anyone here had any experience or knowledge they would be willing to share.
    Thanks

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Antone ever use this??

I have seen them. I have shot a G26 with one installed on it. I don't like them. Glocks are very safe pistols, but you really need to protect the trigger from anything that could engage it. A Glock will absolutely not fire no matter what you do to it, other than pull the trigger.

Then it will fire every time.

A good IWB holster can be had for low cost and will keep the trigger secure and will also keep the gun free of lint and pubes.
    VEGETARIAN: Native American word meaning "bad hunter"

(Centre County)

Yes, it is a less than optimal way to carry. Just buy a good quality leather holster if you plan to carry. YMMV but it gets old fast and gets uncomfortable.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Buy a silencer.

Tax: $200
    Cost of effective 5.56 suppressor: $500
    Letting the elderly neighbors sleep in until morning: Priceless.

"132 and Bush I've got him at gun point, OK gun point, 132 and bush, cover is code 3"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(Venango County)

AMEN to that......I would never use anything that doesn't protect the trigger from being depressed on a weapon that has no other safeties, and maybe not even then.......

You really are much better getting a quality IWB holster for concealment, I am researching that at the moment as well.....I need a tuckable

Glock Pistols.......So simple a Caveman could fix them!

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I usually carry with a universal clipdraw. I agree that if I had a glock i most likely wouldn't feel safe carrying this way. My trigger pull is really heavy and really long and it's almost impossible to fully depress it by accident. However with a glock i'd like to have the trigger covered.

With a small pistol the clip is comfortable. A glock is just a little too big for this. Unless you're a narc, i'd go iwb holster

(Venango County)

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpag...742&t=11082005

While maybe not the best holster, I believe you would be better off with something like this, than with the clip......

(Montgomery County)

Thank you very much for all the quick replays, I'll look into the IWB holsters more and see what I can find. Thanks again.

(Venango County)

Anytime...and thanks for serving

(Northampton County)

Get yourself a decent leather holster & a good quality gun belt. I prefer Outside waist band (OWB) for comfort while sitting/driving.

If you want to do inside WB there are some QUALITY leather products for that also.

The only non leather holster I like is the Smartcarry crotch holster. If sized properly the trigger guard of a Glock will be covered. I like mine so much I want to get a another one in a smaller size. (To fit the scandium J frame I want to buy )

Because we are not all the same size & shape,there is not one perfect holster or mode of carry,just as there is not a perfect gun. Go with what works for you,just buy quality. Cheap junk is almost never a bargin.

I WOULD NEVER carry a Glock with one of those clips. You want,at minimum the area in front of the trigger covered,if not the whole trigger guard.

Those clips would in my view only be safe for a revolver or perhaps maybe a 1911(debateable) or a DA auto with a long heavy pull and/or a manual safety.
    I would not use one. That's just me.

I like retention straps. I want to be able to fall down lots of steps & not have to worry about my piece going its own way. Or if I get into a confrontation that does not call for deadly force but results in an unarmed struggle,I have one less thing to worry about.

Some people like molded plastic holsters. I don't. The Blackhawk line is very popular. It has a retention device. I have one I got with a gun I bought used but never use it. You might like them. For the few dollars cost difference (Blackhawks are not that cheap),I'll take leather. Even if you choose plastic...get a good belt.

If you want to carry....don't "cheap out" on holsters & belts...you get what you pay for. Carry long enough & accumulate more handguns...after a while holsters become like shoes in that you have different ones for different conditions & modes of dress. You'll see. When you carry,however you carry,just think safety.

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Anyone ever use this??

Just finished looking for a new holster, here's the thread of my results
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/concealed...follow-up.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast