Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Alright Arizona!!

Quote Originally Posted by DE50MAC1045 View Post
    If you pass,1 year to get your liscenses. Also you have to keep your pa ltcf current to keep utah and arizona's current.
    I don't see anything on www.handgunlaw.us or in the Arizona links therefrom that says you must have a valid home state permit/license in order to have an AZ non-resident permit. In fact, AZ accepts an expired permit from another state as proof of firearms safety training.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/arizona.pdf

7. A valid current or expired concealed weapon, firearm or handgun permit or license that is issued by another state or a political subdivision of another state and that has a training or testing requirement for initial issuance.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by DE50MAC1045 View Post
    Also you have to keep your pa ltcf current to keep utah and arizona's current.
    No, currently the Arizona is the only permit I have. The whole point is to try and avoid the GRU. Woops, I meant GPU As for Utah there website said I need a permit from my home state if "you reside in a state that recognizes the validity of the Utah CFP or has reciprocity with Utah". It says nothing about maintaining a permit from your homestate in order for your Utah to remain valid.
    Last edited by RebelRaider5; November 18th, 2012 at 11:51 PM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RebelRaider5 View Post
    I looked into getting it when I went to a basic handgun safety class by Personal Defense Solutions. They have a class at Ready Aim Fire every month. Bruce Eimer said he's the only Utah CFP instructor in the SE PA area. He wanted $150 for the Utah class. Also to my knowledge I would need a PA LTCF to get my Utah [right?]

He is a lying sack of bovine excrement...as evidenced on other threads here. I'd avoid him at all costs.

Other then my Arizona, I'm waiting for my Virginia to come in the mail. I looked into a Florida permit also. With Mrs. Kane wanting to close the "Evil Florida murderer loop hole", I'm waiting to see how that plays out. I don't want to pay $120 for my Florida and not have it be valid. Hopefully like all politicans she's all talk and no action. I'm also saving up for an Act 235 card since I want to get into security work. The Maine NR looks good too, but there NR permits aren't honored in that many states.
    See red above.

No matter what Ms Kane does, a FL permit will still be "valid"...just maybe not here in PA.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    See red above.

No matter what Ms Kane does, a FL permit will still be "valid"...just maybe not here in PA.
    What problems do you have with Dr. Eimer? I attended his BHS for my Virginia & attended a paperwork class for My Florida. He also filled out my Arizona print cards at no extra cost. He seems like a nice guy. I did a search and couldn't find any extremely bad threads about him.

(Northampton County)

Nobody can beat my Arizona turnaround.

Sent Saturday, 11/20
    Approved Thursday, Thanksgiving, 11/25
    Received Monday, 11/29.

If you do the math, there are 4 business days and 7 mail days in there LOL

(Delaware County)

No, currently the Arizona is the only permit I have. The whole point is to try and avoid the GRU. Woops, I meant GPU As for Utah there website said I need a permit from my home state if "you reside in a state that recognizes the validity of the Utah CFP or has reciprocity with Utah". It says nothing about maintaining a permit from your homestate in order for your Utah to remain valid.
    You need to send a valid current copy of your LTCF for renewal, so if you planned to renew Utah you would need to keep and maintain your LTCF.

By the way, I renewed my Utah CFP online recently. From the time I hit submit on the online renewal form to the time the new CFP was in my mailbox only 7 days had passed. My PA LTCF via DELCO took three weeks. Utah was cheaper too, $15.75

What problems do you have with Dr. Eimer? I attended his BHS for my Virginia & attended a paperwork class for My Florida. He also filled out my Arizona print cards at no extra cost. He seems like a nice guy. I did a search and couldn't find any extremely bad threads about him.
    I'm in my 6th year of having a Utah CFP. Back when I looked into getting one Eimer was listed as a certified instructor for Utah, trouble was he didn't like doing them, he told me as much, he wanted to charge my wife and I $350 each to do a Utah class.

Utah wasn't as popular as Florida back then even though you basically got the same states with each. For me, despite the initial up front cost involved with Utah, in the long run Utah was a lot cheaper than Florida so I wanted Utah, not the Florida/Virginia class Eimer was pushing at the time. Of course Utah popularity has increased over the last few years so I guess not Eimer doesn't mind doing the class now.

I ended up using Jeff Goldberg for the Utah class, he even came to my house to give the class, $50 each, my wife and a few friends also attended. After the class we went to a local range and did a live fire class too. Basically demonstrated we could hit what we were aiming at. Utah doesn't require that, it's optional, but because we did it, for other states that require live fire, I can use my Utah class to meet that requirement.

In my opinion, Eimer was all about the money (I understand he's in business to make money) and didn't really want to do the class back then. Jeff was more about helping you to get the permit.

Eimer lied about being the only instructor in SEPA by the way. Here's a link to Utah certified out of state instructors. As you can clearly see there are several listed, in fact a few are even members here.

http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/doc...tate111512.pdf

(Bucks County)

This is one specific thread that I remember:

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-open-carry-121/114396-florida-no-longer-accepting-dd214-hunter-safety.html

He is an active member on these forums and never did come on to "defend" his position on where he got the info.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    You need to send a valid current copy of your LTCF for renewal, so if you planned to renew Utah you would need to keep and maintain your LTCF.

By the way, I renewed my Utah CFP online recently. From the time I hit submit on the online renewal form to the time the new CFP was in my mailbox only 7 days had passed. My PA LTCF via DELCO took three weeks. Utah was cheaper too, $15.75

I'm in my 6th year of having a Utah CFP. Back when I looked into getting one Eimer was listed as a certified instructor for Utah, trouble was he didn't like doing them, he told me as much, he wanted to charge my wife and I $350 each to do a Utah class.

Utah wasn't as popular as Florida back then even though you basically got the same states with each. For me, despite the initial up front cost involved with Utah, in the long run Utah was a lot cheaper than Florida so I wanted Utah, not the Florida/Virginia class Eimer was pushing at the time. Of course Utah popularity has increased over the last few years so I guess not Eimer doesn't mind doing the class now.

I ended up using Jeff Goldberg for the Utah class, he even came to my house to give the class, $50 each, my wife and a few friends also attended. After the class we went to a local range and did a live fire class too. Basically demonstrated we could hit what we were aiming at. Utah doesn't require that, it's optional, but because we did it, for other states that require live fire, I can use my Utah class to meet that requirement.

In my opinion, Eimer was all about the money (I understand he's in business to make money) and didn't really want to do the class back then. Jeff was more about helping you to get the permit.

Eimer lied about being the only instructor in SEPA by the way. Here's a link to Utah certified out of state instructors. As you can clearly see there are several listed, in fact a few are even members here.

http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/doc...tate111512.pdf
    Dang, $50 for a class?! I'll have to keep that in mind when I look around for a utah class. This was a few years go tough. Since then Dr. Eimer his dropped his price to $150.

In his defense during both classes I attended his exact words were "I'm the only Utah CFP Instuctor in the SE PA are that I know of."

I was a little skeptical when he said that and I looked up Instructors on there website a few weeks ago and saw all the names on the list. I wouldn't have thought there were so many instructors in PA.
    Last edited by RebelRaider5; November 20th, 2012 at 01:22 PM.

What is the reasoning for getting multiple permits if you already have a PA LTCF?

Not trying to hijack I just don't see a point in adding another thread if the question can be answered here.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff Gotcha View Post
    What is the reasoning for getting multiple permits if you already have a PA LTCF?

Not trying to hijack I just don't see a point in adding another thread if the question can be answered here.
    To be able to carry in states that don't accept one or the other.

For example, as a PA resident with a PA LTCF and a Utah CFP I can not carry (concealed) in the state of Delaware with my PA LTCF, but I can carry with my Utah CFP because Delaware recognizes the Utah CFP but not the PA LTCF.

See, for Delaware, one of their needs is training, with Utah I got training that satisfies Delaware, PA does not require training so Delaware doesn't accept the PA LTCF.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast