Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Jefferson County)

Default Converted Another!

A friend of my departed fiancee' from a few years ago is now looking to take her Ohio permit classes and get her first handgun.

A little over a year or so ago she left her abusive husband and moved from their joint home in Weirton WV back to her home area of Ohio. However she's been constantly stalked since. She was on the neutral to anti-gun side of things before, but now has a different viewpoint.

Right now I'm trying to find her a place to get her training requirement done and assisting her as best I can on picking a handgun(over the internet).

She is presently going through pictures of guns to see what she likes to get her started. I've already gave her a list of particulars that she should look for given her experience, hand size, caliber, etc, etc, etc.

She said she is also going to get her UT permit once she has her OH permit. I mentioned to get the PA LTCF too, which I'm sure she'll be getting.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Default Re: Converted Another!

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    A friend of my departed fiancee' from a few years ago is now looking to take her Ohio permit classes and get her first handgun.

A little over a year or so ago she left her abusive husband and moved from their joint home in Weirton WV back to her home area of Ohio. However she's been constantly stalked since. She was on the neutral to anti-gun side of things before, but now has a different viewpoint.

Right now I'm trying to find her a place to get her training requirement done and assisting her as best I can on picking a handgun(over the internet).

She is presently going through pictures of guns to see what she likes to get her started. I've already gave her a list of particulars that she should look for given her experience, hand size, caliber, etc, etc, etc.

She said she is also going to get her UT permit once she has her OH permit. I mentioned to get the PA LTCF too, which I'm sure she'll be getting.
    Glad to hear, It's good that you are helping her gain some control responsibility of her life.

You know, I've grown quite fond of the Ruger SR22 the last little while. A great starter pistol for sure.

I know its not the big magnum Dirty Harry deal but it's nice.

Awesome that you are helping Knight. Rep to ya,

CL

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by customloaded View Post
    You know, I've grown quite fond of the Ruger SR22 the last little while. A great starter pistol for sure.

CL
    it really is a truly great piece. and definitely a great starter gun. one of the best purchases ive made. It still lets me get pistol trigger time in and save the much more expensive 40s&w and 10mm rounds

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by customloaded View Post

CL
    Unfortunately she is having to scrape up money just to get started, so her first gun will also have to be her carry gun. ...something more substantial than a 22.

She has an OH Highway Patrolman as a friend. ...good chance he'll have something for her to start learning with at the range.

Her price range is somewhere in the $200-$300 area. ..so, more than likely she'll be getting a used piece.
    Last edited by knight0334; November 15th, 2012 at 10:02 PM.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Cleveland, but looking to relocate to Oil City, Ohio

Where is she located? I'm in Lake County area and know some good instructors out here.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Stiltz79 View Post
    Where is she located? I'm in Lake County area and know some good instructors out here.
    Elkton, I think..

Without a doubt I would try and convince her to buy either a CZ or a Walther in .32 acp it is better than a .22 and the recoil is mild.

9mm Taurus slim

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueGunGuy View Post
    9mm Taurus slim
    God, not the 709 slim. Had one for about a week or two and got rid of it as fast as I could. No matter what I did, ammo, mags, grip, cleaned,the piece of dog excrement would NOT for the life of me extract empty casings from the chamber. Never again.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast