Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Question PSL scope rail fitting

Last year a friend of mine and I put together a PSL from a Romanian parts kit and receiver. It's all good to go except for that the scope rail won't fit the side mount correctly. The rail is much too thick. I had to do a lot of grinding on the receiver to get the gun functional and now this appears to need even more and the steel is harder than anything I've ever worked with before. Is there a preferred way to go about getting this done properly or anyone I can pay to get it fitted? I've been working at it bit by bit with a triangular file but it's taking forever and I'm worried about not getting it uniform across the whole length of it. Any pointers on this?
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

Default Re: PSL scope rail fitting

Take it to a gunsmith and see what they say. The worst they can say is your F8#2ed.

(Westmoreland County)

Are You sure you have the proper mount for that side rail ? Though there was a mount for the PSL and another size for the standard AK

(Allegheny County)

Yeah, we could use some pics.

After a little poking around I came across this. May be of use to you. May not.

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?p=874213