Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

View Poll Results: Do you carry your pistol with a Round chambered?

Voters
317. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

294 92.74%
  • No

23 7.26%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default POLL do you carry with a round in the chamber??

Lets see how the majority carries their gun.

Default Re: POLL do you carry with a round in the chamber??

I carry with a round in the chamber. I also don't wait until there is a fire in my house to put batteries in the smoke detectors.

(Philadelphia County)

Not another one of these threads.
    “Until they become conscious, they will never rebel.” - George Orwell, 1984

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by SAB215 View Post
    Not another one of these threads.
    although there was one this week, I've learned threads can get buried pretty easily here.

I didn't weigh in on the other, because there was too much criticism too early on about people who don't carry one in the pipe.

I don't. Not yet. I'm building on my ability to draw from my holster without failures. Until I have my draw down pat I'm not interested in carrying one in the chamber.

My draw has greatly improved, and I've been working on one handing my slide ( ) on the holster and on my shoe.

I don't have total control yet, and before I carry one chambered I plan to hone my skills.

That said, my LTCF has yet to arrive, so I'm only carrying while in my home while I'm practicing.

I think until you are at one with your firearm, great caution should be taken.

Also, I didn't vote in the poll because I technically don't carry so it would be skewed.
    Last edited by yeager484; November 12th, 2012 at 03:44 AM.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    I carry with a round in the chamber. I also don't wait until there is a fire in my house to put batteries in the smoke detectors.
    I only go to the bathroom after I shit my pants.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by yeager484 View Post
    although there was one this week, I've learned threads can get buried pretty easily here.

I didn't weigh in on the other, because there was too much criticism too early on about people who don't carry one in the pipe.

I don't. Not yet. I'm building on my ability to draw from my holster without failures. Until I have my draw down pat I'm not interested in carrying one in the chamber.

My draw has greatly improved, and I've been working on one handing my slide ( ) on the holster and on my shoe.

I don't have total control yet, and before I carry one chambered I plan to hone my skills.

That said, my LTCF has yet to arrive, so I'm only carrying while in my home while I'm practicing.

I think until you are at one with your firearm, great caution should be taken.

Also, I didn't vote in the poll because I technically don't carry so it would be skewed.
    Curious why you practice one handing your slide on the holster and on your shoe?

If you are not confident with carrying, some training with an instructor would help.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Luzerne County)

I'd carry my G19 with two rounds in the chamber if it was possible.
    Seriously though, I'd like to eliminate all possible variables out of an equation that could end in me losing my life. Having a round in the chamber eliminates an extra step.

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM55 View Post
    Curious why you practice one handing your slide on the holster and on your shoe?

If you are not confident with carrying, some training with an instructor would help.
    I believe this is practiced in the event you have a failure to fire (FTF) and one of your hands/arms has been put out of action.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Dauphin County)

When I first bought a handgun for self defense and home defense, I was nervous about myself and it. For instance, when I first brought it home I was too nervous to put it next to the bed loaded fearing for some crazy reason that I would grab it in my sleep and ND. (Letalone keeping one in the chamber while carrying.)

I eventually got over my fears of that (Silly as it was) and of carrying one in the chamber (Also silly IMO, however understandable.)

After all of the stories from members here about events where they needed to employ their firearm immediately with little to no time to put a round into the chamber I quickly overcame my fears and I carry daily with one in the chamber.

To me and my line of thinking, a gun is a brick until it is loaded. I'd rather have a gun than a brick if I need a gun.

YMMV

(Allegheny County)

Fear of carrying hot is normal for first time firearm owners starting to carry. If your in that group I would say that carrying hot is the safest thing you can do. The fact that it is hot causes you to respect the gun a little more an ensures proper safe handling naturally. It also prevents shooting anyone to your left when you nervously fumble to rack the slide when attacked .
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast