Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

View Poll Results: Do you carry your pistol with a Round chambered?

Voters
317. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

294 92.74%
  • No

23 7.26%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: POLL do you carry with a round in the chamber??

Quote Originally Posted by bagman29 View Post
    I'd carry my G19 with two rounds in the chamber if it was possible.
    Seriously though, I'd like to eliminate all possible variables out of an equation that could end in me losing my life. Having a round in the chamber eliminates an extra step.
    Then always carry open, no retention no jacket or clothes to interfere,

Heck just carry it in your hand. Eliminate all variables carry it in your hand, +1 and naked. While the bad guy falls on the floor laughing you can shoot him.
    Any suggestions as to where he can carry extra mags?

Members have been banned participating in argument for such threads, and they continue to creep on up on us...

There are too many arguments to say which is right, and we have probably heard them all. It comes down to which is right for you and which you are comfortable with.

It is a cost/ benefit analysis...
    Last edited by Nucking Futs; November 12th, 2012 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe88XJ View Post
    Lets see how the majority carries their gun.
    Is it really even a contest?
    Jules

(Allegheny County)

Exclamation Re: POLL do you carry with a round in the chamber??

MAC! ...no wait, PC!...no, Mac,...nah, wait, PC!

OH! Linux! No....Windows!

</holy war>

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirlen View Post
    MAC! ...no wait, PC!...no, Mac,...nah, wait, PC!

OH! Linux! No....Windows!

</holy war>
    I was goin to rep this for Linux but then you changed your mind again

Regarding sliding on holster/shoe, it's exactly what someone mentioned, for FTF when your other hand is decommissioned.

I'm getting much more comfortable with my firearm. Once my LTCF comes in, I'm sure I'll have no issues carrying chambered.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SAB215 View Post
    Not another one of these threads.
    [ADMIN HAT ON]
    There's no need for this; your post adds nothing to the discussion, and attempts to troll for a reaction. We have lots of new people registering accounts and looking for answers to their questions, so there's bound to be repeats. And even in cases where people search for answers, the use of Google or the PAFOA search engines isn't an exact science.

This place is what we make it. We can either complain about users asking the same old things, or we can help them and contribute to everyone's further knowledge by answering the questions or providing links to the older discussions so the staff can close or merge the redundancies.
    [ADMIN HAT OFF]

Although this topic has come up form time to time, the most recent thread was a discussion where someone claimed that a holstered pistol with a round chambered is unsafe because it's potentially pointing at children standing next to the person, or pointing at their leg/feet/etc. See here:

http://forum.pafoa.org/open-carry-14...er-unsafe.html

In the end, a person should carry however they feel most comfortable, and weight the pros/cons of how they carry (safety vs. tactical advantage, etc.). With that said, almost all professional carry training courses will teach individuals to carry with a round in the chamber, and the pistol's safety engaged. Most people who carry do so to be able to defend themselves if needed, and the ability to engage in such defense when split-second decisions need to be made, is typically seen as a greater reward than the risk of injury with most modern handguns. Furthermore, those who don't carry with a round chambered can place themselves at a tactical disadvantage due to the additional reaction time, which potentially negates the reason for carrying in the first place.
    Last edited by ChamberedRound; November 12th, 2012 at 01:20 PM.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

I posted this in the last thread and I'll post it again:

I could care less how other people carry, its your choice. Personally, I carry with one in the chamber and the safety off. This is because it is the way I was originally trained for carry and the training was quite intense. I have considered keeping the safety on but decided against it because my original training was so intense it would take me probably a year to retrain that particular habit. I've never had a problem with carrying in this fashion and I must say that I'm probably safer because of it.

*Edit*
    I just saw Chambered's post above and would like to add that I didn't go to a traditional carry course. Mine was military oriented and led by several retired members of the SF community. Very high intensity and ingrained habits that will never go away.
    Last edited by Sniper061; November 12th, 2012 at 01:51 PM.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper061 View Post
    I posted this in the last thread and I'll post it again:

I could care less how other people carry, its your choice. Personally, I carry with one in the chamber and the safety off. This is because it is the way I was originally trained for carry and the training was quite intense. I have considered keeping the safety on but decided against it because my original training was so intense it would take me probably a year to retrain that particular habit. I've never had a problem with carrying in this fashion and I must say that I'm probably safer because of it.

*Edit*
    I just saw Chambered's post above and would like to add that I didn't go to a traditional carry course. Mine was military oriented and led by several retired members of the SF community. Very high intensity and ingrained habits that will never go away.
    I can see how those with military training, who have to operate in a combat setting, would be trained to carry with the safety off. Again, it's a tradeoff of safety vs tactical advantage. In a combat scenario where external factors make the environment inherently unsafe anyway, there's more to be gained by the extra response time of the safety being off than what's gained by keeping the safety engaged. And once you've had a training method drilled into your head, it's best to stick with what you know.

Again, this all goes to my point of each person carrying how they best feel comfortable, understanding the risks and responsibilities that go along with carrying a gun in general.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Monroe County)

I carry with one in the chamber all the time. There have only been 2 times when I didnt have one chambered while carrying.

(York County)

Before seeing threads here I never would have thought that someone would carry without one in the chamber. Carry how you feel is best but I will always have one in the chamber while carrying

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast