Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default i think i've made a Veteran's day today.

i think i've made a Veteran's day today.. was at Kohls with the family and saw an old gentleman walking around the store with his wife. he was wearing a vest with all kind of ribbons and patches on them.. so i limped over shook his hands and said thank you.. he put a smile( and shock..lol) on his face and i can see his wife teared up a bit..he saw my pistol on my strong side and ask if i was a cop. i said no sir. then he ask if i was allow to carry it like that. i told him that in Pa i sure can and thanx to folks like you we can still continue to enjoy our 2nd amendment. he smile and i thank him again and wish him a good day

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: i think i've made a Veteran's day today.

That's awesome.

Kudos.

(Beaver County)

I made a veterans day on Saturday as well. Stopped at Fathead's on the South Side Saturday night with a few friends. While I was there, a Marine in full dress was there having dinner with his family. I was standing at the bar getting myself a drink. When the bartender came over to me to hand me my bill, I told him to add on to my bill the tab the marine and his parents had as well. He looked at me rather shocked and said "Are you serious?" I said yes. He walked over to the register and pulled up their tab and said "Do you really want it?" Again, I said yes. "Are you sure you want the whole thing? Do you want to know the total?" I AGAIN said yes and that I didn't care about the total. No matter what the total was, it was nothing compared to the sacrifices he's made and will make for us all. He handed me the bill, which turned out to be, $53. And that included my drink as well. That was and EXTREMELY small price to pay for what he's done for us. And it made his and his parents' night. The girl who was standing next to me at the bar was completely floored by my generosity and thought it was the coolest thing she'd ever seen. I stated again that it was a small price to pay to which she agreed. I went on about my night like I planned, but felt a little better inside knowing that I made someone's night just by giving up a few dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingjunkie View Post
    I made a veterans day on Saturday as well. Stopped at Fathead's on the South Side Saturday night with a few friends. While I was there, a Marine in full dress was there having dinner with his family. I was standing at the bar getting myself a drink. When the bartender came over to me to hand me my bill, I told him to add on to my bill the tab the marine and his parents had as well. He looked at me rather shocked and said "Are you serious?" I said yes. He walked over to the register and pulled up their tab and said "Do you really want it?" Again, I said yes. "Are you sure you want the whole thing? Do you want to know the total?" I AGAIN said yes and that I didn't care about the total. No matter what the total was, it was nothing compared to the sacrifices he's made and will make for us all. He handed me the bill, which turned out to be, $53. And that included my drink as well. That was and EXTREMELY small price to pay for what he's done for us. And it made his and his parents' night. The girl who was standing next to me at the bar was completely floored by my generosity and thought it was the coolest thing she'd ever seen. I stated again that it was a small price to pay to which she agreed. I went on about my night like I planned, but felt a little better inside knowing that I made someone's night just by giving up a few dollars.
    That's mighty white of you.
    Last edited by Nucking Futs; November 12th, 2012 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingjunkie View Post
    Who's chopping onions?

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nucking Futs View Post
    REALLY? You make a comment like that?

(Washington County)

As a veteran and the father of an active duty sailor, Thank you, both of you gentlemen are a class act.
    Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion, without the discomfort of thought.

John F Kennedy.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nucking Futs View Post
    Really??? WTF? Was that comment necessary? GEEZ.
    Springfield Armory XDs .45acp

(Lackawanna County)

To my fellow vets.

Remember that oath we swore to, ya that one, it includes the 1A, we may not agree with what he posted, but we served to protect his right to say it, so please, any anger you may feel, let go of it, you are better man than he is, or ever will be, just smile and think to yourself, karma is a bitch, and one day it will bite him in the ass.
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

(Montgomery County)

We were willing to put our lives on the line to protect that document and all she stands for whether we like how people undertake and exercise their rights or not.

Totally agree.

As Jefferson said:"It behooves every man who values liberty of conscience for himself, to resist invasions of it in the case of others: or their case may, by change of circumstances, become his own."
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom ... go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels nor arms. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast