Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23636970717273
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: We came here to get away from guns.....

Go back to NY motherfucker.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Didn't read the middle, but it sounds typical. They own guns and that's ok. You on the other hand, that's bad. Untill they know you, then your in their club. The brother nypd sounds like an ass. Lots of nerve knocking on your door trying to intimidate you. It must have been some real good humble pie they ate in order to turn this one around, or your a saint.
    I think your mixing it up. The original couple was the gun hating couple from ny. The ones in the recent updates are the tenants renting the house from the ny couple

(Bucks County)

Good for you.

I am glad you had a better relationship with the new neighbors.

Having good neighbors is important.

(Northampton County)

Smile Re: We came here to get away from guns.....

Quote Originally Posted by ReconLdr View Post
    Since ungawa decided to bump the thread... I have an update.

The couple turned out to be some really great people. We used to hang out often. The husband and I ride our motorcycles from time to time and the wife has been out fishing with me a few times. Mainly we hangout and drink beer or cookout. We've been hanging out less frequently since they're expecting a daughter any day now... (Due date is Jan 9th) the wife says her hubby drinks too much when he hangs out with me and needs to be sober to drive her at a moments notice.

I'm gonna miss them when they move.... They told me over the summer they weren't going to renew their lease. They were house hunting when they found out they are having a kid. I haven't talked to them very much so I have no idea how they made out.

I did take the husband out to the range last year when I was confirming the zero on my deer rifle. He didn't like the recoil of the .308 (he only fired one round) and lost interest in shooting. (personally, I think he just wanted to get out of the house)

The wife never brought her guns up from Va but they did ask me about hand guns and LTCF over the summer.... Not sure if they ever bought one. I'll have to make it a point to ask when I see them.

All in all, they are great neighbors. Like I said, I'll miss them when they move.
    Nice ending to a good read.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    This sounds like a Case Law episode. In other words, what have previous Court decisions made in terms of "denies" or "impedes"?

One of Mike Bloomberg's Misguided Children was purporting to act as a police officer. Whether he officially could be charged with doing anything concrete is another story.
    I don't think there's any doubt that he could be charged. After all, he opened up with "I'm a police officer." It's obvious to a blind man that his intent was to intimidate.

§ 5301. Official oppression.
    A person acting or purporting to act in an official capacity
    or taking advantage of such actual or purported capacity commits
    a misdemeanor of the second degree if, knowing that his conduct
    is illegal, he:

(1) subjects another to arrest, detention, search,
    seizure, mistreatment, dispossession, assessment, lien or
    other infringement of personal or property rights; or
    (2) denies or impedes another in the exercise or
    enjoyment of any right, privilege, power or immunity.
    Seems pretty clear to me. Whether or not a jury (or judge) would convict is open to debate, but I think there's enough there to arrest and charge.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
    I don't think there's any doubt that he could be charged. After all, he opened up with "I'm a police officer." It's obvious to a blind man that his intent was to intimidate.

Seems pretty clear to me. Whether or not a jury (or judge) would convict is open to debate, but I think there's enough there to arrest and charge.
    I agree, there should be enough to arrest and charge but.... I didn't press the issue with Salisbury PD and would just as soon drop it. The NYPD officer left my property when I told him to and as far as I'm concerned, he got served a bit of humble pie and hopefully learned to do his homework before pulling this shit again.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by STBear View Post
    Go back to NY motherfucker.
    ...and have you ever heard of the Constitution?

There is nothing more infuriating than a cocky belligerent Noo Yawka telling you what they think is right. Still wonder why we used to sell them horse corn?

If I wanted to listen to that crap, I'd just turn on C-span and watch Chucky Schumer or little Andy Cuomo.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ReconLdr View Post
    NYC Neighbor - We bought this house and come here on the weekends to get away from guns
    I would have informed him that due to the very strict gun laws in New York, it is virtually impossible for anyone besides the police to have guns in New York, and therefore, his logic is flawed.

I further would have told him to get off my property, lest I call the police and have him removed for trespassing. I would not have engaged in conversation with him or his brother.

Cool Re: We came here to get away from guns.....

Let's see , which term have we heard before?

New York Rifle? No , that's not it.

Pennsylvania Rifle? Ding , we have a winner!
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23636970717273