Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 73 123451151 ... LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default We came here to get away from guns.....

Since it was a nice day today, I took the bike out for about an hour. When I got home, my driveway was blocked by the parents of my of my next door neighbor. I parked my bike on the street until the car was moved.

When the driveway was clear, I went out to move my bike. Since I was going across the street, I didn't put my riding jacket and helmet on leaving my pistol exposed. I rode my bike across the street and parked it in my garage. As I was walking out of my garage my neighbor from across the street (lives in NYC Monday through Thursday) meets me in the driveway:

NYC Neighbor - What the hell is wrong with you?

Me - Excuse me?

NYC Neighbor - We bought this house and come here on the weekends to get away from guns and violence.... Only to see YOU walking around with a gun... If I see it again, I'm calling the police.

Me - You have a lot of nerve walking onto my property to confront me over this...

NYC Neighbor - I'm not afraid of you and your gun...

Me - It's not that you need to be afraid of me.... You have a lot of nerve coming onto my property and telling what I can and can't do. It's not illegal to carry a gun in Pa so why don't you take your ass across the street????

NYC Neighbor - My brother is NYPD, I'll send him over to discuss this with you when he gets here... I'm pretty sure the Salisbury PD will side with him when we report you brandishing a pistol....

Me - If your brother steps on my property and doesn't leave when I tell him to, he will be facing tresspassing charges....

NYC Neighbor - He's a cop, you can't get him for tresspassing....

Me - I guess we will find out..... You need to get off my property right this second. This conversation is over.

An hour later, my door bell rings:

NYPD brother - Hi, can I talk to you for a second? I'm [insert name here] brother. I understand you had an "issue" over here earlier???

Me - If you came over here to try to tell me the law.... I can assure you, I know the carry laws in Pa and you shouldn't waste your time...

NYPD brother - I'm aware of the Pa carry laws...

Me - You are??? Then why are you here???

NYPD brother - Becasue your pistol was exposed.... My sister and her husband saw it. That is Brandishing and is illegal everywhere....

Me - There is no "Brandishing" law in Pa. In fact OC is legal in Pa.

NYPD brother - If you have a Pa LTCF (used the proper term) you must conceal. My cousin is an officer in Easton and I called him for clarification before I came over....

Me - Your cousin is incorrect. You are interupting my football game and I'd like to get back to it. You need to get the fuck off my porch, I've had enough of this bullshit for one day...

NYPD brother - Sorry it has to be this way, I guess I'll have to call the local PD.

Me - Do what you feel you need to do, I'll be here the rest of the day. This is the last time I'm gonna ask you to get off my property before I call the cops myself....

NYPD brother - I'm a police officer and you can't talk to me like this....[as he turned to walk away]

Me - This is my home and you are tresspassing, I'll talk to you anyway I please.... just keep walking and don't come back until you've done your homework and you are coming over to appologize....

I noticed he kept his body positioned with his weak side towards me the entire time and when he turned to leave, his pistol was exposed....I don't know if he/they ever called the Salisbury PD but, it's been 3+ hours since the last encounter. I haven't heard from them or the local PD.

Note: My next door neighbors dad can barely walk since he lost most of his toes and part of his foot in Korea. When they come to visit, they park at the end of the driveway, and my neighbor comes out and moves the car within minutes.... I don't mind the temporary inconvenience of parking in the street when they visit on Sundays.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Butler County)

Default Re: We came here to get away from guns.....

Quote Originally Posted by ReconLdr View Post
    Since it was a nice day today, I took the bike out for about an hour. When I got home, my driveway was blocked by the parents of my of my next door neighbor. I parked my bike on the street until the car was moved.

When the driveway was clear, I went out to move my bike. Since I was going across the street, I didn't put my riding jacket and helmet on leaving my pistol exposed. I rode my bike across the street and parked it in my garage. As I was walking out of my garage my neighbor from across the street (lives in NYC Monday through Thursday) meets me in the driveway:

NYC Neighbor - What the hell is wrong with you?

Me - Excuse me?

NYC Neighbor - We bought this house and come here on the weekends to get away from guns and violence.... Only to see YOU walking around with a gun... If I see it again, I'm calling the police.

Me - You have a lot of nerve walking onto my property to confront me over this...

NYC Neighbor - I'm not afraid of you and your gun...

Me - It's not that you need to be afraid of me.... You have a lot of nerve coming onto my property and telling what I can and can't do. It's not illegal to carry a gun in Pa so why don't you take your ass across the street????

NYC Neighbor - My brother is NYPD, I'll send him over to discuss this with you when he gets here... I'm pretty sure the Salisbury PD will side with him when we report you brandishing a pistol....

Me - If your brother steps on my property and doesn't leave when I tell him to, he will be facing tresspassing charges....

NYC Neighbor - He's a cop, you can't get him for tresspassing....

Me - I guess we will find out..... You need to get off my property right this second. This conversation is over.

An hour later, my door bell rings:

NYPD brother - Hi, can I talk to you for a second? I'm [insert name here] brother. I understand you had an "issue" over here earlier???

Me - If you came over here to try to tell me the law.... I can assure you, I know the carry laws in Pa and you shouldn't waste your time...

NYPD brother - I'm aware of the Pa carry laws...

Me - You are??? Then why are you here???

NYPD brother - Becasue your pistol was exposed.... My sister and her husband saw it. That is Brandishing and is illegal everywhere....

Me - There is no "Brandishing" law in Pa. In fact OC is legal in Pa.

NYPD brother - If you have a Pa LTCF (used the proper term) you must conceal. My cousin is an officer in Easton and I called him for clarification before I came over....

Me - Your cousin is incorrect. You are interupting my football game and I'd like to get back to it. You need to get the fuck off my porch, I've had enough of this bullshit for one day...

NYPD brother - Sorry it has to be this way, I guess I'll have to call the local PD.

Me - Do what you feel you need to do, I'll be here the rest of the day. This is the last time I'm gonna ask you to get off my property before I call the cops myself....

NYPD brother - I'm a police officer and you can't talk to me like this....[as he turned to walk away]

Me - This is my home and you are tresspassing, I'll talk to you anyway I please.... just keep walking and don't come back until you've done your homework and you are coming over to appologize....

I noticed he kept his body positioned with his weak side towards me the entire time and when he turned to leave, his pistol was exposed....I don't know if he/they ever called the Salisbury PD but, it's been 3+ hours since the last encounter. I haven't heard from them or the local PD.

Note: My next door neighbors dad can barely walk since he lost most of his toes and part of his foot in Korea. When they come to visit, they park at the end of the driveway, and my neighbor comes out and moves the car within minutes.... I don't mind the temporary inconvenience of parking in the street when they visit on Sundays.
    Wouldn't this brandishing if Pa had a brandishing law?

Keep up posted.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by ReconLdr View Post

I noticed he kept his body positioned with his weak side towards me the entire time and when he turned to leave, his pistol was exposed....
    Sounds like he was escalating the situation to me. Knowingly trespassing and comes armed?

There's so much to be mad about here. If I lived anywhere near you I'd say it's time for a PAFOA bbq at your house. Neighbors welcome of course

(Lancaster County)

You gonna ruin it for the rest of us
    You weren't a good ambassador
    Good job!
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Mercer County)

Wow an out of state Leo who dissent know the law. I hope they did call and were told how you were in the right. Better to know the law before you accuse a man of breaking it.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    Sounds like he was escalating the situation to me. Knowingly trespassing and comes armed?
    This is what I was thinking too....

I should also note, that at no time during this encounter did he show me a badge....
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Lehigh County)

I live in Salisbury township.

Filed for LTCF Friday Nov 2.

I guess this is what I have to look forward to.

I'd have told him to leave immediately and had my phone dialing to report trespass within seconds of him saying another word.

Good job.

(Lackawanna County)

An idiot from NYC is almost as unusual as an uninformed asshole of a cop trying to intimidate us common folk.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by yeager484 View Post
    I live in Salisbury township.

Filed for LTCF Friday Nov 2.

I guess this is what I have to look forward to.
    I haven't had many encounters here in the township. The ones I did have were hardly worth mentioning.

Sheriff Rossi tends to wait till the last minute to issue the LTCF.

Page 1 of 73 123451151 ... LastLast