Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Treeline Sports

(Bucks County)

Default Treeline Sports

This really bothered me so I had to get it out. I'm not really sure what to make of them. A few weeks ago I made a trip over there and the place was very active. I should have called first because there were a few women working like crazy packing for a show the next day. They were extremely nice and explained what was happening. They told me to feel free to look around at what was left and kept asking if I had any questions; I thought for sure I had found a new place to go. Today I was at the Philadelphia Armory and noticed Treeline’s booth. They had something I wanted so I thought I would pick up a lower or two and save myself a trip to Norristown. The pricing seemed to be way off of what I thought I remember (I don't have the best memory) so I inquired. Their response was yes it's different, this is after election pricing. I want to believe that this was just a lapse in judgment or a mistake. There are far too few places for us to go now…

Default Re: Treeline Sports

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
    This really bothered me so I had to get it out. I'm not really sure what to make of them. A few weeks ago I made a trip over there and the place was very active. I should have called first because there were a few women working like crazy packing for a show the next day. They were extremely nice and explained what was happening. They told me to feel free to look around at what was left and kept asking if I had any questions; I thought for sure I had found a new place to go. Today I was at the Philadelphia Armory and noticed Treeline’s booth. They had something I wanted so I thought I would pick up a lower or two and save myself a trip to Norristown. The pricing seemed to be way off of what I thought I remember (I don't have the best memory) so I inquired. Their response was yes it's different, this is after election pricing. I want to believe that this was just a lapse in judgment or a mistake. There are far too few places for us to go now…
    That's a good one!

Well, they can charge whatever they want. I guess it's just a matter what vendors will be returning to their shops with more lowers than cash. Also, black Friday is coming around. PSA will more than likely have lowers for $49.95.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Treeline Sports

I've been to this shop a couple of times. Their prices on most things were OK, a little higher than I thought they should have been. I bought some powder from them for a decent price. I also had an Internet purchase transferred through them which I won't do anymore. Their site advertises that they do it but when you ask they want to steer you to buy from them. I get the whole thing from a business perspective but don't advertise that you do it like it's not a problem and then try to push a sale on me.

Probably one of the biggest things that bothers me about them is the price they have their surplus 7.62x54r advertised at both in their store and at shows. I believe it's $129.99 for a 440 round tin when most other vendors at the shows are closer to $90/tin and online it's around $80/tin. I've even seen it low enough online occasionally that it's not much more for an 880 round case in a crate with can opener than for their price on one tin.

It bugs me in general at shows though when I see item X for $X and then two tables down the same thing is $X + $100. I'll never understand that.