Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Dauphin County)

Default Superior Gunsmithing, Robesonia, PA

I recently saw some of the work that this young guy does and I was very impressed. I stopped by his shop this morning on the way home from a pistol match. He is going to do an action job for me on a S&W K frame revolver.

His shop is spotless (good sign). He seems like a nice guy. Does anyone else have any experience with him??

His name is J.C. Hoffa.

(Erie County)

Default Re: Superior Gunsmithing, Robesonia, PA

Quote Originally Posted by sergeantjp View Post
    I recently saw some of the work that this young guy does and I was very impressed. I stopped by his shop this morning on the way home from a pistol match. He is going to do an action job for me on a S&W K frame revolver.

His shop is spotless (good sign). He seems like a nice guy. Does anyone else have any experience with him??

His name is J.C. Hoffa.
    jimmy?? they found him?? lol
    live to ride

(Dauphin County)

I guess I should have seen that coming ;-)

(Berks County)

Be careful here, I took a rifle here for a simple job(for him), told me he'd call me in a couple days as to what it needs and after that about 3 weeks lead time. 2 months later, no call. So I call him and ask whats going on with it. He says matter of factly "I had to order so and so for it I'll call you when I find out whats up, is there anything else?" So now 3 weeks later still no call. So, needless to say, I'm a little pissed off about it. I'm really happy to see a young guy like this in the buisness but if this is the way he's going to run it I don't see him in buisness much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by ssjager View Post
    Be careful here, I took a rifle here for a simple job(for him), told me he'd call me in a couple days as to what it needs and after that about 3 weeks lead time. 2 months later, no call. So I call him and ask whats going on with it. He says matter of factly "I had to order so and so for it I'll call you when I find out whats up, is there anything else?" So now 3 weeks later still no call. So, needless to say, I'm a little pissed off about it. I'm really happy to see a young guy like this in the buisness but if this is the way he's going to run it I don't see him in buisness much longer.
    Wow. That's a shame. I haven't hired him for any work but visited his shop and talked to him and was impressed. My brother needed to get sights fixed on a lever gun and JC did the work right there on the spot and didn't charge him anything (it was like a 5 minute fix, no parts). As soon as I decide what project to start first I am going to use him for some of the work. Anything like your experience I would just go pick the gun and say "no thanks" and do the work myself.

(Berks County)

I had him thread a Rem 700 Hvy Bbl so that I could attach a suppressor to it. He told me it would take about 3 weeks but that he could do it in under a week for a small fee. I was in no hurry so the 3 week turn around time was fine w/me. Almost to the day, 3 weeks later it was finished.

The threading looks wonderful and he even turned down the barrel behind the threading for a perfect fit for my suppressor mount. He even re-crowned the barrel when all was said and done.

Nothing but a solid, positive experience for me and my father-in-law has already enlisted them to do a trigger job (he was very impressed with the work and shop).

FJagr
    Last edited by FJagr; December 21st, 2012 at 02:00 PM.

(Dauphin County)

Got my Smith back a while ago. Just forgot to post here. He did an excellent job. Action is smoother than ever.

He's working on one of my 1911's now.

Great experience.