Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default snip from an other thread

Re: Your illegal migration
    Originally Posted by josh
    Ok you are correct by the letter of the law. I cannot argue that point at all.

But have you tried to obtain citizenship lately? It is a horrendous procedure. It is so difficult and expensive it is almost impossible for the average person from "insert poor country here" to do it legally.

How about we make the immigration requirements reasonable or at least not nonsensical and end social programs that draw freeloaders. Then we would get the best,brightest and most hard working for immigrants.
    Speaking as a legal permanent resident, the most expensive part of getting my citizenship would be the only part I don’t really need to be here legally, and that’s $500 and a short trip to New York. All in all, it has cost me around $2,000 to become a permanent legal resident of the US of A. As I am a Legal Immigrant, I can speak my mind on this, and say the persons who are in the country illegally should be deported, Want cheap labor, open up the chain gangs again, it will serve the community and lower crime rates somewhat.
    It bugs me to no end that I have to listen to police stations or other authorities who ask that if you speak English press 1 then continue in Spanish.
    The message should be if you speak English, press 1 otherwise press 2 and we will give you a list of schools to learn English in.

I agree every one should have a chance to live where they want, but do it legally. Why should some people pay to be legal, then pay taxes or leave the country if they can’t find a job, when others come in by the bus load and get welfare and every benefit while some company who wants cheap labor hands out past and present information’s they can use to steal some ones identity?
    I believe if you can’t afford to become a US citizen by filing for it, there is a method that is completely free, as a mater of fact; they pay you to do this. Join in the military! They can become an army of one, and serve the country, then gain their citizenship that way.
    When I see politicians saying we should legalize the illegal immigrants, I wonder who is greasing their hands.

It gets pretty bad when the people of other countries can come here and tell the government what it should do. A Rabbi gets off a plane, says a Christmas tree is bothering him in a federal airport, and it gets taken down? Mexicans march and block traffic in Los Angeles to protest for their “rights” as illegal workers and we protect them?

Where are we going as a country? Pretty soon they will say you can’t go to church because it insults them. Oh wait; they already started that in schools and courts by removing the bible and the commandments. Its just a matter of time you will need to speak Arab or Spanish to go any where or eat anywhere.

I just spent a week arguing with people some where in India that could not understand me when I explained a very simple fact to them. Yup My ISP is now served a few continents away! Took me a week to explain to them on the phone that they made a mistake in my installation, I asked for a dry loop, they are charging me a phone line, dry loops are free. When I finally said to the young man I needed some one who understood English, he said I speak English Sir, I understand your problem, now lets start from the beginning.. First you plug the yellow wire in the modem…
    I said to him, I am not learning how to connect the computer; I need you to get my phone line connected so I can use the internet, and I need a dry loop!!! I understand Sir, now if you have the yellow wire? I said the yellow wire was not long enough, 4 feet is not what i needed it is in the garbage, I have a 25 foot gray wire! Now give me the number I can set up my account with!!! Tell me the dry loop number! Ok Sir I understand, I will send you a yellow wire. Good bye!

So now you all know, If you plan on changing ISP, dont throw away the yellow wire even if you dont need it! Cause some person in some country will tell you you absolutely need it to get any where in life.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: snip from an other thread

Frenchy,

I have to agree with your post.

I was a green card carrying legal immigrant till 1968 (came over in 52). I don't remember what it cost to become a citizen then, but I did it to get into the Air Force.

At that time I could have been drafted into the Army or Marines but had to be a citizen to get into either the Navy or AF.

I firmly believe that illegals should be deported and by no stretch be given all the benefits they currently are. My sister still has to keep up her green card as do my parents (at a cost of a few hundred dollars if I remember correctly).

DG
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.