Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default HELP!!!! My New AR-15 WAS STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys and gals,
    I am hoping that you may be able to HELP or at least spread the word about my custom AR-15 that was stolen on August 19, 2012 from the Ramada Inn parking lot, off the public square, in downtown Wilkes-Barre, PA. I AM OFFERING A CASH REWARD FOR THE INFO LEADING TO THE RETURN OF THIS WEAPON!!!!!!!!!

While visiting some friends in the area, I was staying at the Ramada for a couple of nights and was planning to sight in my new scope and laser I bought for my AR-15, while I was in town. Well, someone broke into my car and cleaned it out. They took my digital camera, tool box, backpack, three storage crates full of new merchandise my girlfriend was selling on eBay, an ammo box with about 600 rds and my custom AR-15. I think they went into my car to get the storage bins and when they got to the trunk they hit pay dirt.

When I discovered this about 12:00 AM Sat night (Sun morn) I called the WB police immediately. They dispatched an officer quickly. He immediately said there seemed to be no sign of forced entry. I am no professional but I don't think that a slim Jim leaves noticeable "forcible entry" evidence.

Needless to say I am sick about this and it plagues me daily that I may never see this again. I posted a video on YouTube listing the specifics and details that made it totally unique.

Important info:
    Black Rain Ordnance model: Fallout 15
    SERIAL NUMBER: BR001865
    Silver skulls hydro dip graphics on upper and lower receiver
    CNC machined billet 7075 aluminum
    416R blued Stainless steel with twist milling and polygon rifling
    Magpul UBR stock, MBUS flip up back up sights, and BAD lever
    Fab Defense Mag well grip (custom fitted by me) and matching pistol grip
    Folding, adjustable height bi-pod with quick release picatinny mount
    AIM Sports model JDG251040G dual illuminated scope with green laser and quick release mount
    Valkyrie tactical CNC machined magazine release button (THIS WAS TOTALLY CUSTOM AND ADDED BY ME. DID NOT COME STOCK ON THE GUN AND I AM GUESSING THAT THERE MAY NOT BE ANOTHER ONE WITH THE GRAPHICS AND BARREL THAT MINE HAD, WITH THIS BUTTON!!!)
    There are also many places where the Black Rain Ordnance logo is on the weapon. It says "Let it Rain" when the dust cover for the breech opens up, says "Black Rain" on the quad rail as well as the triangle and bio hazard symbol, the bio symbol is on the bolt, also on the flash hider, and as well as on the lower receiver mag well, stamped or milled into the billet aluminum.

Here is the link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxkW74n3uBc

If you guys can help to spread the word we may be able to get this off the streets and back to me where it rightfully belongs.

IF YOU SEE THIS ANYWHERE DO NOT TRY TO CONFISCATE IT!!!! CALL THE WILKES-BARRE POLICE AT 570 826-8106 OR YOUR LOCAL MUNICIPALITY AND TELL THEM TO CONTACT THE WILKES-BARRE POLICE.

Please try to be helpful and NOT send me emails asking "why did you bring something like that into Wilkes-Barre?" or "Why did you leave something like that in the trunk of your car?" I will tell you exactly what I told the police when they asked the same questions. I brought the gun with me because there are no public ranges that allow for high power rifles where I now live, so I brought it with me to go to the range with some friends while in town and to sight in the new scope. I left it in the trunk of my car because I felt that it would be safe there (out of sight) and better than me walking through the lobby of the Ramada, on the public square toting a tactical gun case thru the lobby, possibly freaking people out. I felt I did not need SWAT kicking in my door at 1AM and roughing me up because someone got scared.

ANY OF YOU THAT FREQUENT THE RANGES OR KNOW PEOPLE WHO DO, PLEASE BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR THIS, AND SPREAD THE WORD TO PEOPLE YOU KNOW ALONG WITH THE PICS I HAVE ATTACHED. I THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP. LET'S HOPE THAT THIS WILL HELP ME GET IT BACK, ALTHOUGH HOPES ARE NOT HIGH AND PROBABILITY IS EVEN LESS. WORTH A TRY THOUGH. THANKS AGAIN TO ALL OF YOU!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by metalvamp26; November 7th, 2012 at 04:27 AM.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: HELP!!!! My New AR-15 WAS STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well one thing on your side is that your rifle is very unique from others and you WILL know its yours when you or someone else see it. I hope you find your rifle, and i'll keep an eye out for it

(Lackawanna County)

Please Note: The poster was issued an infraction for this post.

Keeping that much stuff in a car parked on hotel parking lot is foolish. Leaving your weapon in that manner is irresponsible. Because of you being irresponsible people are in danger of this weapon being used by criminals.
    I only feel sorry for those that might be affected by your foolishness.

(Montgomery County)

I did not post this to be chastised. I am trying to raise awareness of what happened and to hopefully find my gun and get it off the streets. I tried to get the police to come out and fingerprint the vehicle which they did not. Normally I would not travel with all that stuff but I live 1.5 hrs south west of there and was in town for a charity event for my friend who broke his back, picking up stuff for my girl who now lives in Hawaii, and to visit a few others. Do you honestly think that I would leave stuff like that in my car unsecured unless I had no other choice? Why do you think I have a gun safe? I didn't feel like causing a public alarm when walking through the lobby of a high rise hotel on the public square with a tactical gun case and an ammo box. Besides, the day I arrived, there was a security officer walking around the lot. How was I to know that his only day off was the day my stuff got jacked!!!!!!! Coincidence? Maybe. Like I said not here to be chastised for what you feel is irresponsible. I am trying to do the job I felt the police did not do. They had an entire day to fingerprint the car. I walked around town on foot (so that my car was protected from the rain and to not disturb any evidence) to pawn shops spreading the word waiting for the police to call. Like I said, let's be helpful if nothing at all

(Westmoreland County)

That sucks your property was stolen.And I hope the person/criminal that took your stuff is found and arrested. The person that took your stuff is the one to blame as I see it.

(Bucks County)

Don't worry about the haters...hindsight is 20/20 and IF you had done this or that differently it may not have been stolen. Unfortunately, life happens and we cannot practically secure everything, all the time, and sometimes that leads to things being stolen.

As someone that has had a firearm stolen, I feel your pain. I hope that one day I'll be pleasantly surprised to get a call from the XYZ police station saying "your firearm is here, come get it." Until then I would try to alert as many local shops as possible, and maybe hit the next few gun shows in your/that area.

(Montgomery County)

I actually had my ammo re-loader put out a personal APB at the gun show with pics that I sent him the weekend after it happened. He goes to all the shows, and if it shows up, he will be the first to know. I personally contacted many of the gun shops in the area and gave them the info and what to look for either by phone or by email with pics. Some of them even said they would try to help spread the word. Trust me, my first concern was someone getting injured or worse because of this and it bothers me daily. I did not take this lightly as I was very active to download photos, print them and take them to the police the next day as well as having a copy of the purchase order faxed to the police and notifying the manufacturer. Two weekends later I drove up there to canvas some more of the area, and hit up some of the local ranges, just hoping to see it or talk to someone who had. posted pics up too. Just thought of this site and how many people this could reach in the area I no longer live in. I appreciate all of you for your kind words and helpful thoughts

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by metalvamp26 View Post
    I didn't feel like causing a public alarm when walking through the lobby of a high rise hotel on the public square with a tactical gun case and an ammo box.
    I'm not trying to chastize, but for future reference to those travelling on the road with your AR, this is not a reason to leave an unsecured rifle in your trunk.

It takes 2 pins to seperate the lower from the upper. You can get a larger, low key hiking style backpack, break the rifle down and carry it on inside. I've done it a number of times while travelling and no one bats an eye. At least take the lower and BCG with you. It's not hard and can prevent a complete weapon falling into the hands of a douschebag criminal.

It's too late for metalvamp, and I sincerely hope your weapon is recovered.
    Last edited by Splittiebus66; November 7th, 2012 at 10:53 AM.
    I always sleep with my guns when you are gone

Beautiful rifle. Hope you get it back.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Splittiebus66 View Post
    I'm not trying to chastize, but for future reference to those travelling on the road with your AR, this is not a reason to leave an unsecured rifle in your trunk.

It takes 2 pins to seperate the lower from the upper. You can get a larger, low key hiking style backpack, break the rifle down and carry it on inside. I've done it a number of times while travelling and no one bats an eye. At least take the lower and BCG with you. It's not hard and can prevent a complete weapon falling into the hands of a douschebag criminal.

It's too late for metalvamp, and I sincerely hope your weapon is recovered.
    I'll dig up the link later. But I have seen cases that are specifically designed to carry a broken down AR rifle. To me they look very similar to the nylon instrument cases I see some people carrying. FYI I work a block away from a concert hall.

Personally I would never leave a firearm in the car overnight like that. If I have to travel with a rifle I would invest in a discrete case.

But I think why thieves targeted the car in the first place was other items in plain sight. If at all possible get this stuff out of sight, even if it means a couple of extra trips back and forth from the room to the car.

I'm not blaming the victim here. It sucks what happened to the OP and its %100 the fault of the perpetrator. Sometimes there is nothing you can do about being the victim of crime, but most of the times there is allot you can do to make yourself a hard target and criminals are not looking for that, they want an easy score.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast