Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool VOTER INTIMIDATION MONROE CO. ?

There was a State Constable Intimidateing Voters and witnessed,and Reported to Mario Scavellos Office this morning at 10 am Tuesday,Dan Ferguson of his office made calls immediately to Voteing site ! Anyone else experience this or Voteing Machines having to be re-set after Voter thought they had Voted ?

(Monroe County)

Default Re: VOTER INTIMIDATION MONROE CO. ?

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    There was a State Constable Intimidateing Voters and witnessed,and Reported to Mario Scavellos Office this morning at 10 am Tuesday,Dan Ferguson of his office made calls immediately to Voteing site ! Anyone else experience this or Voteing Machines having to be re-set after Voter thought they had Voted ?
    Hmm......I did see switches in the back of machines being flipped between voters but I don't know how they operate so I thought it was standard......

(Lehigh County)

What was the constable doing?

Cool Re: VOTER INTIMIDATION MONROE CO. ?

Would like to share more,But right now the complaint has been filed in State Rep Mario Scavellos office,can be verified by Dan Ferguson in this office,I Will follow up with more info under advisement.

(Allegheny County)

Would like to share more,But right now the complaint has been filed in State Rep Mario Scavellos office,can be verified by Dan Ferguson in this office,I Will follow up with more info under advisement.
    Pardon my asking, but why the fuck do you report a crime in progress to a state representative? You report it to the fucking police, and then to the president judge of the county in which the Constable serves.

I call BS: I believe you're making it up, and "I can't talk about it while the state rep has an ongoing investigation" is an utterly lame excuse for failing to back up your statements.

actually in this case I would think it would be reported to the Board of Elections in your county immediately, its not a crime per se unless there is a disturbance of the peace.

(Lehigh County)

I was reading that voter intimidation should be reported to the FBI. Not sure how accurate that is. Found here: http://blogs.detroitnews.com/politic...-intimidation/ but that may only be for democrats in Chicago.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by freesoul View Post
    actually in this case I would think it would be reported to the Board of Elections in your county immediately, its not a crime per se unless there is a disturbance of the peace.
    § 5301. Official oppression.

A person acting or purporting to act in an official capacity or taking advantage of such actual or purported capacity commits a misdemeanor of the second degree if, knowing that his conduct is illegal, he:

(1) subjects another to arrest, detention, search, seizure, mistreatment, dispossession, assessment, lien or other infringement of personal or property rights; or

(2) denies or impedes another in the exercise or enjoyment of any right, privilege, power or immunity.

You're on the right track, though: the judge of elections in the polling place itself has the authority to dismiss the constable on the spot. Complaining to him is also appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-12 View Post
    Pardon my asking, but why the fuck do you report a crime in progress to a state representative? You report it to the fucking police, and then to the president judge of the county in which the Constable serves.

I call BS: I believe you're making it up, and "I can't talk about it while the state rep has an ongoing investigation" is an utterly lame excuse for failing to back up your statements.
    Well BS is just your opinion,or you can verify simply by calling the State Reps Office Mario Scavello if Complaints were reported or Not ! MDT

(Allegheny County)

Well BS is just your opinion,or you can verify simply by calling the State Reps Office Mario Scavello if Complaints were reported or Not ! MDT
    Not interested. If you have something of substance to tell us, tell us--don't play silly games. If not, I'm not wasting time on this topic. If your story is true, I'm extremely disappointed that you let this happen without taking the proper steps; bitching to a legislator, who has no power to do a damn thing about anything, AFTER THE ELECTION IS OVER, is way too little, way too late. That's like watching someone beat the shit out of his wife, and you writing to Dear Abby to complain about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast