Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Will the real DanP please stand up

I had the priveledge of meeting and shooting with DanP, or as we call him El Prezidente, at this past Sunday's Machine Gun Madness shoot. What a great guy. I would call him a "true gun guy". This is probably the highest compliment I can pay another person.

All day at the shoot, he had this huge grin on his face that only a fellow gun nut can understand. When the countless people at the shoot fired his M16, I think he got more enjoyment out of it than when he shot it himself!

Funny story: I was standing next to Dan and St. Mary's and St. Mary's noticed Dan's name tag. He was like "oh my God, are you THE DAN P?". It was great. I don't think St. Mary's would have been more excited if he was standing next to a movie star.

Anyhow, just a quick thread to honor the man who started it all. Great to meet you Dan. I look forward to putting rounds down range with you in the future.

Chime in with your DanP stories!
    VEGETARIAN: Native American word meaning "bad hunter"

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Will the real DanP please stand up

Chime in with your DanP stories!
    I'm kind of new so I don't have any stories,

but just a big THANK YOU to Dan for this great forum

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

(Westmoreland County)

Good post, Bear! I too noticed the ear to ear grin on Dan's face all day! It must make him proud to see the fruit of his efforts play out in such a well organized event like Shoot #13! I wish I had more time to BS with him, but it was a pretty hectic day! It was definitely an honor to meet someone who supports the 2nd Amendment so whole heartedly!

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by BearTitan View Post
    I would call him a "true gun guy". This is probably the highest compliment I can pay another person.
    Well thanks! And to think the first time I ever fired a gun was in 2004.

All day at the shoot, he had this huge grin on his face that only a fellow gun nut can understand. When the countless people at the shoot fired his M16, I think he got more enjoyment out of it than when he shot it himself!
    For me I actually get far more enjoyment out of introducing other people to the fun that is automatic weapons. I have yet to meet a person who gets to fire one that doesn't give an ear-to-ear grin afterwards.

Funny story: I was standing next to Dan and St. Mary's and St. Mary's noticed Dan's name tag. He was like "oh my God, are you THE DAN P?". It was great. I don't think St. Mary's would have been more excited if he was standing next to a movie star.
    This was hilarious, he also asked me to sign his truck, which I unfortunately forgot to do.

I look forward to putting rounds down range with you in the future.
    I have tentative plans to be at the September MG shoot as well, we'll see what happens I guess.

I sincerely hope that fun was had by all, and that PMSC saw the MG shoot as a fun, positive event that they would like to continue.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

All I can say is when I asked if Vicky could use his FA to try, he did not miss a beat" Certainly, Here let me get you all set up! I didn't have the time to say Thanks.
    As far as being like a Movie star... Was John Lennon a movie Star? Hmm I sort of saw a resemblance there, maybe next time we can try to get him to say "Imagine all the people..."

On an other note, His voice is much deeper then I would have expected and he is much taller then I saw him in the pics... Pizza must Have that effect on you.

Who would think a computer geek would enjoy a primitive piece of metal like a FA. We have to see you before September Dan, you know we can introduce you to other guns too... FA is fun, but so is SKEET!

We can get BearTitan to pull for you, I will be great!
    PS No one signed my truck either and I had put it in a way to protect others there...

At the Rate things are going now with memberships, by the September shoot we will need more Ro's and more bays. After all, once it gets around that DanP is coming...
    You know how those paperazies can be!
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Delaware County)

I met danp at the 1st(and only so far) eastie shoot and I introduced myself to him and said "and you are", when he said who he was I was like "whoa that's the big cheese, the big mahoff, El Presidente" I thanked him for what he has done with the PAFOA and how much I enjoy it. He was very cordial and an all around nice guy. That's my only sighting so far.
    In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps.

(Delaware County)

Danp. Well If I remember correctly the first time I met Dan was at a SPAG Glock day event. Although not at that time, I've shot with Dan a few times, at SPAG and at the one and only eastie shoot. Always friendly and generous with his toys.

What stands out about Dan to is he is genuine, the real deal, and I have to tell you after chatting with him online and then finally meeting him in person I was very surprised how young he is.

Since finding this forum I have learned an enormous amount about firearms and related laws and ideas. I've also gone from a one gun man to a one auto-loader, two revolvers and one rifle man.

Thank you Dan.

Bill

(Allegheny County)

Meh, I met the guy. I wasn't all that impressed.

JK! It was truly a pleasure to meet Dan in person.
    I think I may have liked him even if he didn't let me dump a few mags thru his M-16.

It was great to have the founder of this forum see firsthand, the great group of people who have come together to hold these Pittsburgh area group shoots. When we started doing these shoots, I never imagined they would turn out to be as popular as they have become. It's like a family reunion, every month, but without the fighting, and this family keeps growing!

None of it would have happened without Dan. Thanks, man.

Oh yeah, when I showed my wife a photo of Dan at the shoot, she said "He's a lot younger than I thought he'd be!"
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Oh yeah, when I showed my wife a photo of Dan at the shoot, she said "He's a lot younger than I thought he'd be!"
    What he's not telling everyone is that Mrs. Emptymag was just checking him out for greener pastures.

• Younger
    • More (and fully automatic) firearms
    • Not a smartass

So about the only thing keeping her from jumping ship is that sweet ass truck!

(please don't ban me EmptyMag)

(Lawrence County)

Any man that lets me beat the snot out of a gun worth more than both of my cars has to be alright.

Seriously.

Lycanhe'stopnotchinmybookthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast