Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Looking for a lathe in SW PA....

I am looking for a Southbend heavy 10 in decent shape. I would prefer a a later model with 2 gearbox tumblers. I would also consider a Rockwell 11" or a Clausing with atleast 1.375" spindle bore ID. Looking for something to chamber my own barrels with.

(Erie County)

Default Re: Looking for a lathe in SW PA....

Quote Originally Posted by ridgeway View Post
    I am looking for a Southbend heavy 10 in decent shape. I would prefer a a later model with 2 gearbox tumblers. I would also consider a Rockwell 11" or a Clausing with atleast 1.375" spindle bore ID. Looking for something to chamber my own barrels with.

Do your self a favor and at least look at some newer Chinese lathes (Grizzly). I was in your shoes a year ago and started off looking for a heavy 10 used. After looking at 3 dif machines and doing some research I actually went with a Grizzly. A lot of those old lathe really took a beating in their previous lives and will require some work when you get them. Just a suggestion if you haven't looked at all

(Washington County)

Default Re: Looking for a lathe in SW PA....

My lathe will be up and running around Thanksgiving. If you teach me how to thread you can use it for free!
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796