Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Bucks Courthouse incident

I went to the Bucks county courthouse yesterday with a buddy. He needed to get the paperwork signed to send in his C&R.
    It seems as though a person was carrying concealed and was arguing with the deputies that he had a lagal permit to carry. Deputies told him not in the courthouse. This guy contined to rant. He was arrested and cuffed right in the office. I heard someone say he will be dealt with severely.
    Jeff
    Last edited by Pukindog; March 12th, 2008 at 02:05 PM.
    NRA Benefactor member
    NRA 2nd Amendment Foundation
    Colt Collectors Association
    Browning Collectors Association
    Sharps Arms Collectors Association
    SASS Association

SANS PEUR et SANS REPROACHE

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Bucks Courthouse incident

Dope. It's so clearly stated about Courthouses, and to argue above and beyond the call (which in that circumstance I would say is "at all") is just dumb. It's not like he was arguing with a private business owner, in which case he would have been wrong also, but that was just really wrong.
    Last edited by Roland of Gilead; March 12th, 2008 at 12:02 PM.
    Blessed are they who, faced with danger, think only of the front sight. -- Jeff Cooper

(Luzerne County)

Interesting. So can it be ascertained/clarified that this "argument" was over carrying IN the court facility? (in which the guy would obviously be wrong, statutorily) ... Or over carrying to the CH?

(Jefferson County)

Was that guy trying to carry past the checkpoint without checking in his piece in defiance? ...if so, stupidity is expensive. lol
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Lebanon County)

Bet you he feels stupid now. Off topic but what paperwork did he need signed? I just got my C&R a few months ago and was only required to send a copy of paperwork to local LEO ( sent to Sherriff.)
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

- Ronald Reagan

THAT has got to be a joke, Going to get your C&R papers signed, and SEEING some one arguing about carrying into the office that is CLEARLY within the court house (sheriff's office) even the Sheriff's deputies are disarmed in the building! (at least in Beaver when ever I go)

I always wonder about these "My friend" Or in this case My Buddy stories...

Edited because I misread the original post..

Still wonder about My friend posts tho

Just goes to prove you can see them anywhere, ppl who argue when not 100% sure.
    Thanks for the 2 ppl who showed me the mistake here. See I am not perfect!
    Last edited by Frenchy; March 12th, 2008 at 12:46 PM.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    THAT has got to be a joke, Going to get your C&R papers signed, and arguing about carrying into the office that is CLEARLY within the court house (sheriff's office) even the Sheriff's deputies are disarmed in the building! (at least in Beaver when ever I go)
    LOL Your friend must now wonder why he did not read about laws and where to and not carry...

I always wonder about these "My friend" Or in this case My Buddy stories...
    Reread, it wasnt his friend.

(Lebanon County)

Frenchy, I think the OP and his friend witnessed this.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

- Ronald Reagan

I realise that after re-reading it properly, but never the less, the words "My Buddy and I" or my Friend and I... Just always brings a funny feeling to it.
    Mind you I did confuse the OP and his buddy as being the "victims" here... Sorry.
    That being said, If that happened to me, I would be laughing pretty hard about some one going into a courthouse and saying they have a LTCF and can carry there "Because they obviously think they know the law" Sounds to me like saying I need to get rid of this permit here, maybe you can help me guard!

OK now I have a buddy who could have bought himself a nice gun, but decided to buy his wife a 50th ring... Walmart just called I think my wife wants to go get her ring now.... It better be worth it...
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood

Spahrman5 and TheBuckslayer +10 for correcting me I really did not read that properly.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Clint Eastwood

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast