Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default No Smith in SW PA will work on CETME

For over 2 years I have been the owner of "Satan's Cetme". Without boring everyone with the lengthy details I'll just say that I bought it NIB in 06 and have yet, despite many attempts, to succesfully fire 5 consecutive rounds with a malfunction.
    I've done alll I can with it including buying a parts kit and swapping out many of the interior parts.
    My search for a Smith has been equally frustrating. I've had it to one Smith twice. He charged me $40 each time and it still won't cycle.
    I've contacted others including Economy and Allegheny Arsenal both of which tod me that they knew nothing about CETME's (as if they were manufactured by NASA).
    I'm looking at this thing now. There's nothing all that complex about it. I'm surprised that I can't at least pin point the problem. What's so bizzare about this rifle that they won't even look at it??
    OK, now that I've vented, I need some advice. Is there a local Smith capable of repairing this in Western PA. (I'm in Mt. Lebanon) It just shouldn't be that difficuly. Of course Century is no help whatsoever. . I'd be very grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction!

(York County)

Default Re: No Smith in SW PA will work on CETME

Hey Frank, I got a CETME years ago and became quite the expert fixing and replacing most of what Century touched. She runs great now but it took a few months to get it right. Let me know what you have going on.