Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Dauphin County)

Default Lynn Doyle Campus Carry episode

I just got word from my lady that Lynn Doyle is going to be having a debate tonight (3-11-08) on CN8 at 9pm about students carrying on campus. I havent seen this but my lady just text messaged me and told me about it. Too bad ill be at work, but it will be on comcasts "on demand" for 3 days after airing. Just FYI

Default Re: Lynn Doyle Campus Carry episode

Well, the lady from the University was pretty useless. I like that the moderator added that there have been no incidents at Utah.
    “War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.” - John Stuart Mill

(Dauphin County)

im missing it as im at working right not but in going to try and catch it on demand

Couple anti-gunners got in. Now they've got the guy from topglock on.

EDIT;Commercial break
    Hahah. The anti-gun panelist got cut off.

The SCCC guy is making some good points.

NEXT Break:
    The anti-gunners are starting to dominate the discussion (21:37)
    (21:39)Hippie professor. 'Nuff said. Arguing infrequency; would "ruin university experience
    (21:40) Philly guy. Again 'nuff said.

(21:45) New Jersey hausfrau. Worry wart.
    (21:46) West Chester caller. Yay! Not coming off very well, unfortunatly.
    (21:48) Couple of pro-gunners on.
    (21:50) Hippie says we don't need more guns. Maaaaaaaaan.
    (21:51) Boston cop. Police response time is too high.
    (21:52) Jersey cop. Disagree.
    (21:53) Last caller. Kinda nutso. ROTC students posted in halls as security. I.E. Military Science 101: Campus Protection and Determent.

Poll: 78% say SCCC would increase safety
    22% say more dangerous

(21:59) Hippie says that we shouldn't have guns in the country. Grrr

Time to go back to writing my 14 page paper due tomorrow
    Last edited by Geol22; March 11th, 2008 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Commercial Break
    “War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.” - John Stuart Mill

(Berks County)

Thumbs down Re: Lynn Doyle Campus Carry episode

That New Jersey cop and Psychologist pissed me off SOOOO much, that guy that also was director of "security" was a putz too. I had NO idea that New Jersey cop was SOOOO qualified. He thinks that a tac unit is going to respond within minutes to get to the school. I found that hilarious. I have spoken to a few officers who are SWAT qualified, one of them being from the State Police, and another from the LASD, Laramme Police Department, etc. They said, the best case scenario, they can be there within a half an hour from pager or phone going off, to arriving at the scene depending on where they are located. Worst case, and hour and a half. That Jersey cops analysis is dangerously over optimistic. Even the campus police will not get there in time. Sure, they will arrive quickly, but the incident can be over by then with numerous people dead. Now, you can not exopect the police to be there in 5 seconds, but, 2-3 minutes? I don't think so. I will agree with him though, that in the ensuing chaos it's gonna be hard to identify friend from foe.

All in all, there was a lot of verbal guano that was slung around, and, at the end of the debate, I was VERY dissappointed because the guy who was for carry (Ben I believe his name was) was barely able to speak! And the other guy who was against the idea never even so much as picked up a gun, much less fire one. People always seem to fear what they do not understand. This was one of the most one sided debates that I had seen, and once that cop and psychologist started running their mouths, I was about to turn the channel, but it was near the end anyway. Another classic example of Liberals in the spot light.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you have, is also big enough to take it all away.
    Gerald Ford.

Happiness is 5,000 rounds of match ammo.

(Dauphin County)

Im kinda of wishing i haven't watched this now it just makes me angry. The toolbag against campus carry when asked his he has even handled and gun...no every shot a gun....no....ever intend on getting one ....no....what a tool anti.

Unreal..... i can carry into public buildings, what makes a university or college mostly likely public buildings off limits?