Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default End of USPSA shooting at York IWLA

It has been confirmed that York IWLA wii no longer be holding sanctioned USPSA shoots. They do intend on continuing their action shooting matches (not sanctioned). I am supposing that also means the end of Steel Challenge shoots. They seem to be moving toward having many more 3-gun competitions and the changing rules and requirements of USPSA appear to be too restrictive for their taste.

I don't shoot USPSA, but I can't say I'm not disappointed. It is very local to me and I had intended on getting involved in USPSA. I always did enjoy the steel challenge shoots as well. 3 gun competitions just don't interest me or my shooting buddies.

I do wish them continued success, though.

Default Re: End of USPSA shooting at York IWLA

I am sad to see USPSA go from York, It was always a fun match. With that being said the move to multi gun will not keep me from shooting the monthly matchs becuase they will still always have an all pistol option if you don't want to shoot rifle or shotgun.
    Tantric Shooting Team

(York County)

I'm mostly disappointed about the steel challenge shoots. I'm hoping that just because they will no longer be an "affiliated" club that they will still hold non-sanctioned shoots in the same style as Steel Challenge.

Their fun shoots are always good and well run and safe.

My only concern (hopefully unfounded) is that they will become "hard core" into the 3-gun stuff and alienate some of the other shooters. I don't predict that because they have always been a pretty well run pistol committee and I hope that they continue with the trend of offering different stuff.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnUSCG View Post
    I'm mostly disappointed about the steel challenge shoots. I'm hoping that just because they will no longer be an "affiliated" club that they will still hold non-sanctioned shoots in the same style as Steel Challenge.

Their fun shoots are always good and well run and safe.

My only concern (hopefully unfounded) is that they will become "hard core" into the 3-gun stuff and alienate some of the other shooters. I don't predict that because they have always been a pretty well run pistol committee and I hope that they continue with the trend of offering different stuff.
    Fear not, my fellow pistol shooters. It is true that York is dropping our affiliation with USPSA and SCSA, mostly for administrative reasons, it doesn't mean there is not still a place for pistol only shooting. ALL of our shoots will have a pistol only option, and will be set up in USPSA style, albeit with a twist. We will also be keeping our annual Steel Challenge type shoot.

Pistol shooting is our roots and in our blood, and will not go by the wayside. We are adding multigun to the program to the program, not removing pistol only.

Stay tuned www.yorkpistol.blogspot.com

gary