Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: How's it looking for a WIN in Penn. for Romney?

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    Here in the squalid Philly suburbs, I'm not seeing the Obama yard signs like I did in 2008. On the other hand, I'm seeing more Romney signs this year than McCain signs in 2008.

The same folks are for Obama this election as last, and in a phone poll they are happy to say so.

But the yard signs tell me the Democrats are less motivated this year and the Republicans are highly motivated.

It's all about turnout. I'm cautiously optimistic.
    My neighborhood in Pittsburgh the opposite. Zero Robme signs. Lots Obama. To be fair, it's pretty upper-middle-class and well-educated neighborhood. Maybe not the same story elsewhere.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueGunGuy View Post
    My neighborhood in Pittsburgh the opposite. Zero Robme signs. Lots Obama. To be fair, it's pretty upper-middle-class and well-educated neighborhood. Maybe not the same story elsewhere.
    Robme..heh. Spoken like a true Deal-me-more-crat. Then it says "To be fair", laugh. My bet is it looks like it is "upper middle class" is because union folk live there and since they are so overpaid from robbing society, they live better than most.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparxfly72 View Post
    Robme..heh. Spoken like a true Deal-me-more-crat. Then it says "To be fair", laugh. My bet is it looks like it is "upper middle class" is because union folk live there and since they are so overpaid from robbing society, they live better than most.
    Nah. Mostly people with corporate jobs. Union folks don't typically do the Obama signs in my experience. For them it's just a party vote.

Are you PA folks by chance contacting your shooting ranges asking that they urge patrons to indeed vote on Tues.? Out here in the People's Republik of Kalifornia our electoral votes will ALL go for Obama regardless of how we vote. Please, pass my request around. Carry the ball for all of us, call your ranges and firearms shops asking that their customers who come in this weekend indeed vote. Maybe the Sandy situation will keep the Philly liberals home on the 6th. Thanks for anything you do.

(Lancaster County)

Given the attention both sides are paying to Pa in recent days, I think it will be close.

(Montgomery County)

Overall, Pa is a practically conservative state. Unfortunately a large portion of the population is what consider themselves to be conservative democrats. Don't ask how that makes any sense, to them it does. The urban centers contain concentrations of liberal democrats. Fortunately the majority of them can't be bothered to actually vote. Obama in 2008 energized those liberal democrats to get up and vote for him on the belief that his election was more important than the moon landing. Most conservative democrats also voted for Obama for various reasons including but not limited to; fear of being racist, being simply democrats, ignorance, a belief that Obama would actually deliver on his ideological promises. I'm fairly confident that most of those conservative democrats know enough about Obama to not make those mistakes twice.

I was at a function where the Lt Governor spoke this morning, and he said Romney's internal polls show he is up by 5 points.
    Tommy610, NRA Member, Romans 12:18

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by elcho View Post
    Are you PA folks by chance contacting your shooting ranges asking that they urge patrons to indeed vote on Tues.? Out here in the People's Republik of Kalifornia our electoral votes will ALL go for Obama regardless of how we vote. Please, pass my request around. Carry the ball for all of us, call your ranges and firearms shops asking that their customers who come in this weekend indeed vote. Maybe the Sandy situation will keep the Philly liberals home on the 6th. Thanks for anything you do.
    I understand your frustration, I do. Most ppl around me and talking on facebook do not want another four yrs of this shit. We watch Fox news, laugh at MSNBC/CNN/ABC/CBS bias reporting or in Libya...NON-reporting. We've watched gas prices more than double and our electric bills skyrocket under Obama. Stagnant wages and high inflation are the norm. All these things and more, yet ppl support him..WHY? Our votes are also nullified by these jackholes from the cities who vote based on race, not by fiscal responsibility. Seriously though, do you think a white president with this record would even be in this race? If you do you're fooling yourself. It's like Rush Linbaugh said, the worst part of another 4 yrs of Obama isn't the fact Obama would win and all it entails, it's the idea Americans would actually vote for him considering his record..that is the troubling part.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123