Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default Denied 1 day after purchase

Bought a 22 rev on oct 5, went on sat oct 6 to buy 357 and was put in research for 15 days answer today was denial, have not had any trouble since a kid other than some conservation charges for (dirt) in a waterway in 1999 they were misdemeanors that I plead out on, when I moved here from upstate NY in 1997, I had to challenge and won the right. now I cant imagine what the denial is for. not in any jams since the challenge. also have bought sold traded about 100 - 120 guns since 1999???????? Any ideas?

Default Re: Denied 1 day after purchase

You need to fill out a challange form if I'm not mistaken.
    I would have thought the FFL would have explained that to you.
    FUCK BIDEN

Would suck if the maximum sentence was more than 2 years. Say, 3 or 5. It may be, that because the operator doesn't know the maximum sentence of laws in every state, they denied you just to be cautious. Hopefully, it wasn't a 1st degree misdemeanor, or otherwise a misdemeanor with max over 2 years possible. Challenge.
    Iconoclastic Individual Specimen

(Pike County)

Turns out I had 3 Mis class 3 from fish and boat for disturbing a waterway doing a project at my house, that was 2000, I would think a ticket like that in pa would have been seen and researched by now besides, they could, but dont give jail time on that.
    its m3 which is max 1 year in jail and max 2500 in fine, i looked on psp form and they say that shouldnt count. just waiting for challenge response now?

(Lehigh County)

I was put into research status for my first purchase just a few weeks ago.

I was worried and unsure of what would happen next so I did a ton of research, mostly here, but also on Google.

I found that they do not have to tell you why you're denied, and you could file your challenge form at the FFL. I believe it takes 45 days maximum for them to either stand by or overturn their decision. If they stand by it, at that point you'd receive a reason why you were denied.

(Bucks County)

If the maximum was a year or more, you may have been denied under federal law.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by joencrew View Post
    Turns out I had 3 Mis class 3 from fish and boat for disturbing a waterway doing a project at my house, that was 2000, I would think a ticket like that in pa would have been seen and researched by now besides, they could, but dont give jail time on that.
    its m3 which is max 1 year in jail and max 2500 in fine, i looked on psp form and they say that shouldnt count. just waiting for challenge response now?
    Fish and Boat commission needs to be abolished. They have way too much power and can do a lot of damage to people who are just doing minor work around their houses. The main Purpose of these Bums is to prove that they are some important.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by cpio View Post
    If the maximum was a year or more, you may have been denied under federal law.
    If it's a felony or non-felony "domestic dispute", which unfortunately can include idle threats and waving one's fist. The latter is Lautenberg's present to the Nanny Staters. Apparently a few studies claimed that people who shake their fists at spouses will end up murdering them in the future...... If guys like Lautenberg had his way we'd be paying a $200.00 transfer tax for a single shot 22 rimfire rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    If it's a felony or non-felony "domestic dispute", which unfortunately can include idle threats and waving one's fist. The latter is Lautenberg's present to the Nanny Staters. Apparently a few studies claimed that people who shake their fists at spouses will end up murdering them in the future...... If guys like Lautenberg had his way we'd be paying a $200.00 transfer tax for a single shot 22 rimfire rifle.
    The 1934 NFA was intended to apply to all handguns, but they couldn't get the votes for that, so it only included machineguns, silencers, destructive devices, and the SBS/SBR/AOW weapons that could be concealed like handguns. They wanted to start with ALL handguns, and they'd go after the long guns later. Just like England.

So you're right, the anti-gun forces will never stop until you're obliged to sit in your home unarmed, while local gangbangers kick in your door or crawl through your window. The way it is in England right now, where home invasions are a problem that you wouldn't believe.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Pike County)

Got my good news, had to go through regional FBI and NYSDOJ for an old assault charge that was dismissed years ago- before computeres took over, the town court said the dismisal never went through.
    My only question now is how could i buy a pistol one day litteraly 100 in the last 15 years and be fine but the second pistol the day after and an old arrest record appears???

Good news is they say they are sending my aproval from PICS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast