Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Steamtown Mall Scranton, PA

Well, my fiance receives and email at work that had been fwd over and over again saying that the steamtown mall had received threats of a proposed shooting this week and to use caution.

Most often times I dont put much faith into these type emails but it did come from someone who works near by in a state office. The meal claims the PSP have been brought in to help assess the situation so I felt I would at least put it here for comment if anyone else heard anything of the sort and also if they have to let others know.

As for me I remain cautious (yellow) at all times so I am not really fearing this and like i said most often times these types of emails get blown out of proportion. Below is the email.

"I just got word here at work DO NOT GO TO THE STEAMTOWN MALL this week, they have threats that there will be a shooting in the mall at some point this week (they have received several threats) . Several State policemen and vehicles have been there since early this morning. We received notification from Mall Security. I though I would pass it along, Better safe than Sorry !!! Pass this to those you know......"
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Steamtown Mall Scranton, PA

maybe it has something to do with hillery coming to town. i hear the kid will be in town today.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Lackawanna County)

Wether its true or not thanks for the heads up. This is one more thing that my freinds can add to the list of how they think im crazy. First im a gun nut, now im telling them that i got some inside info and dont go to the mall because of a possible shooting.

(Berks County)

Of course they have to take it seriously, but come on...if a lunatic is going to shoot a place up, do they call ahead to warn first? Has a threat like this ever been carried out after a call?

(Lackawanna County)

I was just sitting here thinking about this and I recall about 6 months to a year ago I heard the same thing. Same exact situation. Someone was going to shoot up the mall and to stay out. I agree, you would have to be crazy to attempt it now with everyone at a hightened state of alert. Imagine that call. "Mall Security? Yeah this is Joe, the mass murderer. I was thinking about shooting up your mall at some point during the week, im not going to tell you when though. Is that good for you guys?"
    Last edited by Salt; March 11th, 2008 at 06:18 AM.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by CCinPA View Post
    Well, my fiance receives and email at work that had been fwd over and over again saying that the steamtown mall had received threats of a proposed shooting this week and to use caution.
    Thanks for the heads up. I usually don't find myself in that mall....but when I do, I OC.
    I'll keep that warning in mind.

But then, that e-mail just may be a front to justify heightened Hillary security.

Besides.......What the hell kind of target is the Steamtown mall? I wouldn't wanna brag about THAT one in the BADGUYSONLINE.org discussion forum!
    Gary in Pennsylvania
    -------------------------------
    “No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.” Eleanor Roosevelt
    “Argue For Your Limitations……And Sure Enough, They’re Yours.” Messiah's Handbook
    “The unexamined life is not worth living.” Socrates 399BC

Hokkmike Guest

Probably just threats, but thanks. Does Steamtown Mall have a posted policy about CCW?

(Northampton County)

The area around the Steamtown mall has gone to hell in the last 10 years. I know of 2 people who have drawn a weapon on an agressor(s) near that mall.
    Specific threats or not..keep your eyes open in that area...especially at night.

Does Steamtown Mall have a posted policy about CCW?
    March 11th, 2008 07:15 AM
    I have no idea. I would guess most malls don't want shoppers packing guns. However,shopping malls are magnets for lowlifes & criminals..so when I go,I'm armed if possible. A fair amount of crime,more than many people realize, occurs in & around malls. I don't give a rat's ass what any sign says. In PA such a sign has no legal weight. I just keep it concealed & go about my business.
    Last edited by reverserboy; March 11th, 2008 at 09:31 AM.

(Northampton County)

Guys I have an idea that will keep the mall safe! The mall security should put up "NO GUNS ALLOWED" signs at all the entrances! This will keep everyone safe. God I am so smrt.. errr I mean smart.

(Cambria County)

Yeah, at our mall, they don't even allow the SECURITY guards (most of whom are part-timers, because their PRIMARY jobs are police or armed security elsewhere) to carry guns...How stupid is THAT!?
    Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in every caliber.

I'm armed and menopausal...Excuse me, did you have something to say?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast