Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default Re: Tarentum Gun Show - Pittsburgh Mills Galleria

Quote Originally Posted by ScotsGuards View Post
    The people at the door will strap it with a nylon tie and a tag to mark it as a firearm you came in with. You can then browes the vendors till you find something you like. If you do, you then work out a deal with said vendor. If they are an FFL, easy enough. If they are not you need to find an FFL to do the transfer.

What are you bringing to trade btw?
    So I assume this isn't a carry friendly event?

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAVTXER View Post
    I must have scanned right over that.... thanks. So, in your opinion, is it bigger and better or smaller and better (with no fudge or jerky and such) or ??. Based on the advertisements, I always thought it was for gun collectors (antiques and such).
    The PGCA show is smaller in area with slightly less tables than the C&E show in Monroeville but it's almost all gun stuff, militaria and related items. Yes there's lots of antique items there but plenty of modern arms as well. One can find everything from original muzzleloaders to EBRs, from low priced Hi-Points to high-end handguns, plus lots of ammo, parts and accessories. What you will NOT find are guys with cheap flashlights, second rate jerky, toy helicopters, novelty fashion apperal, nor any other such flea market junk.

I'll be set up at the end of Row L. Drop by and say Hi.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by spartakis252 View Post
    So I assume this isn't a carry friendly event?
    Most gun shows limit loaded carrying due to insurance requirements. PGCA is no different. If you are OCing or carrying a firearm, they will ask you to unload(A bullet trap is provided for) then the arm will be tied and marked as a firearm you brought in with you. If you are CCing, who's going to know but they would request you not have loaded arms in the building. I understand why, I did first aid a few years back on a vendor that was hit in the calf by a ricoche back when the show was at the old Expo-Mart.

The reason arms brought in are marked with a tag is that when a firearm is sold, a release tag is issued by the vendor and this must be presented at the door upon exiting. This is done to prevent stollen arms from getting out the door. So if you bring a firearm in, and you don't sell, trade etc. you can get back out with your arm without any hastle. It works pretty well. I wish more shows operated that way.

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by ScotsGuards View Post
    . . . The reason arms brought in are marked with a tag is that when a firearm is sold, a release tag is issued by the vendor and this must be presented at the door upon exiting. This is done to prevent stollen arms from getting out the door. So if you bring a firearm in, and you don't sell, trade etc. you can get back out with your arm without any hastle. It works pretty well. I wish more shows operated that way.
    To add to what SG stated, in addition to theft control, the maroon tag applied at the door serves a secondary function to visually ID a firearm as one that is likely for sale by the person carrying it. Think of it as a form of free advertising to dealers and showgoers.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Westmoreland County)

Where exactly is the show at the mall? I've never been to the "events center." Can somebody point me in the right direction, please? Thanks!
    I own guns!

you cant miss it, just look for the full parking lot lol its on the back side of the building.

(Westmoreland County)

Perfect! Haha... Thanks.
    I own guns!

(Allegheny County)

Scotsguards table is one of the better ones. I was just there.
    (I dropped off some VZW gift cards)

He's a friendly guy, but is always fairly slammed. All the people with him are extremely friendly as well. He has a little PAFOA / introduce yourself sign. He always brings something cool too. There was an HK mark 23 in his little case. A Steyr, and some other neat and not often seen things. So check out his table if you go.

Place is pretty busy. There are some people (vendors) I recognize from the last one that are pretty cool. And some that are selling the same ol' crap they always do.

There is a table in the corner selling mainly Kahr's and some accessories that was a really nice guy too. He pulled a scope out of his case similar to mine and let me test Butler Creek caps for it. Needless to say I bought some caps.

(Westmoreland County)

Wasn't able to make it today. 9 week old puppies are a handful. What did everyone buy?

(Allegheny County)

To the OP.... the entry fee is $7.00 vice $6.00...... unless there was a coupon for a buck off somewhere??

First time there, not bad. A little smaller that the Monroeville C&E shows, but much less junk; fudge, jerky etc. I think there was just about the same vendors that go to Monroeville, and possibly some different ones as well.

Didn't sell my guns.... I rode my motorcycle there (great weather) and didn't strap on the shotgun LOL... and the Ruger KP944 wasn't in demand but they would have let me give it to them for a steal... LOL. Maybe I will have to do some research and see if I want to get some .40cal ammo and keep this thing or trade it.

Thanks to ScotsGuards for the info on the show. I did stop by and it was nice meeting you/him.... he is a busy guy.

The signs at Pittsburgh Mills were helpful to get there as well, on the right around the back side on the right.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast