Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default wifey's new pistola!

No pics yet but I got her an LC9 with the lasermax. She and I handled it last night at our LGS and I snuck in today and picked it up. I fired 70 rounds through it and cleaned it up back in the box and wrapped it like a birthday gift. I'm waiting for her to get home which should be soon now. I got it cause her current carry is a KT P32 w/an Armalaser and I'm just not a fan of KT or the 32acp as a main carry option. In talking to her over the last month or so she was dead set on the Nano but after holding it yesterday she liked this one.

So I fired it! I love it, I feel Ruger did this one very nicely. I don't care for the mag safety or the manual safety but damn what a nice little gun. Shoots very well, trigger is long but light and smooth, the sight are very easy to see and the laser was dead on out of the box at 10yds but that's as far as I shot it. I only put 71 rounds through it cause I started to shoot to the right about 2" at 10yds for the last 2 mags then I noticed the rear sight about to fall to the ground so I called it a day. When I got home I cleaned it and used some blue loctite to secure it down.

I'm very happy with and impressed by this gun, Ruger hit a home run with it. She's going to be so happy in like 15 minutes.
    Peace...

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: wifey's new pistola!

Cool, looks like someone is gonna get lucky tonight lol

(Northumberland County)

good to see another customer satisfied with a Ruger firearm, Glock fans eat your heart out!

Quote Originally Posted by *Klutch* View Post
    No pics yet but I got her an LC9 with the lasermax. She and I handled it last night at our LGS and I snuck in today and picked it up. I fired 70 rounds through it and cleaned it up back in the box and wrapped it like a birthday gift. I'm waiting for her to get home which should be soon now. I got it cause her current carry is a KT P32 w/an Armalaser and I'm just not a fan of KT or the 32acp as a main carry option. In talking to her over the last month or so she was dead set on the Nano but after holding it yesterday she liked this one.

So I fired it! I love it, I feel Ruger did this one very nicely. I don't care for the mag safety or the manual safety but damn what a nice little gun. Shoots very well, trigger is long but light and smooth, the sight are very easy to see and the laser was dead on out of the box at 10yds but that's as far as I shot it. I only put 71 rounds through it cause I started to shoot to the right about 2" at 10yds for the last 2 mags then I noticed the rear sight about to fall to the ground so I called it a day. When I got home I cleaned it and used some blue loctite to secure it down.

I'm very happy with and impressed by this gun, Ruger hit a home run with it. She's going to be so happy in like 15 minutes.
    Peace...
    To some women guns mean safety and they tend to stick with what they know. My wife is a huge ruger fan. She has a Ruger LCR and Ruger LCP. She bought them the same day and any other gun to her...well it isn't her Ruger's lol. I will probably convince her to check out the LC9 as well. Good luck with the surprise!

Quote Originally Posted by TXDMERC73 View Post
    good to see another customer satisfied with a Ruger firearm, Glock fans eat your heart out!
    I have a few Glocks but have never bought a Ruger that I wasn't happy with. Not overly impressed though with the RugerTecs as I call them.
    Jules

Jules. I think ruger does what KT should have. The LC9 is a copy of the PF9 but with quality built in, I've owned a few KT guns and the PF9 was one and I liked it but never trusted it even though it never failed. I love the LC9 and completely trust Ruger to make reliable firearms and am on my way to the range right now with my fiancé to fire it before football/making chili starts.
    Thanks for the input though I do appreciate the insight.

(Montgomery County)

Jules. I think ruger does what KT should have. The LC9 is a copy of the PF9 but with quality built in, I've owned a few KT guns and the PF9 was one and I liked it but never trusted it even though it never failed. I love the LC9 and completely trust Ruger to make reliable firearms and am on my way to the range right now with my fiancé to fire it before football/making chili starts.
    Thanks for the input though I do appreciate the insight.
    You better hope that your wife does not meet your fiance at the range. It could get complicated.

(Venango County)

Cool Re: wifey's new pistola!

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    You better hope that your wife does not meet your fiance at the range. It could get complicated.
    Or at least have a good explanation lol!!

(Northampton County)

Peace...
    My wife chose this as her carry gun as she isnt comfortable with LCP's lack of any safety. Its almost like Ruger knew what they were doing in making a gun perfect for a lady to CC and also pull range duty.

(Northampton County)

I have shot both the PF9 and the Ruger LC9. The ruger us much more comfortable to shoot. That would be important to new shooters and women. Why gunshops and senile old pistol instructors continue to suggest 2 inch revolvers to women confuses me. My female students do much better with the LCP or LC9. And for concealed carry, do you want the lumpy 5 shooter or the flat 8 shooter. Ruger has two winners here.
    Teaching people how to shoot safely and accurately for 54 years. www.gunskills.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast